advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course...

"A Russian senator has claimed that the reason for Russia’s slow progress in Ukraine is because its forces are basically fighting against fellow Russians, the BBC’s Francis Scarr reports.

Russia’s “special military operation” was proceeding with “quite some difficulty”, Frants Klintsevich said on Russian state television, adding that he didn’t want to offend anyone.

However, he reasoned, the slow progress was because “we’re fighting one of the strongest and best trained armies. We’re fighting against Russian soldiers and officers with exactly the same mentality as ours.”

Of course...

"A Russian senator has claimed that the reason for Russia’s slow progress in Ukraine is because its forces are basically fighting against fellow Russians, the BBC’s Francis Scarr reports.

Russia’s “special military operation” was proceeding with “quite some difficulty”, Frants Klintsevich said on Russian state television, adding that he didn’t want to offend anyone.

However, he reasoned, the slow progress was because “we’re fighting one of the strongest and best trained armies. We’re fighting against Russian soldiers and officers with exactly the same mentality as ours.”
A previous excuse for the stalled invasion was that the armed services of Russia were ‘taking exceptional care to protect civilians’.
It’s fascinating to listen to more and more interviews with Russian captured in Ukraine. The commonalities are young age, lack of training, gave themselves up/ captured/badly injured/ left behind by their unit/ absence of leadership etc.

Increadibly one junior officer in charge of 6 scouts in an APC hit by a rocket, had no map or means of geolocation - only the commander at the head of the column did. He was dragged out by the only other survivor and lay in a field for a day with burns and multiple fractures before being taken to hospital by locals.

Another was left behind by his C.O after his vehicle was hit and his lower leg blown half off. He crawled for miles with massive blood loss and was taken to hospital by Ukrainians.

War, which is a total breakdown of relations with another group, is ironically an activity that requires and highly leverages in-group cohesion. A corrupt every-man-for-himself culture is severely handicapped when going to war. Likewise, trying to substitute severe coercive motivation for voluntary cooperation works poorly.

Of course...

Brilliant and imaginative reasoning! Presumably if one side surrenders both sides will wave a white flag simultaneously?

War, which is a total breakdown of relations with another group, is ironically an activity that requires and highly leverages in-group cohesion. A corrupt every-man-for-himself culture is severely handicapped when going to war. Likewise, trying to substitute severe coercive motivation for voluntary cooperation works poorly.

Excessively coercive officers have a tendency to be killed by an 'enemy sniper' who managed to shoot them at close range... in the back of the head.

Excessively coercive officers have a tendency to be killed by an 'enemy sniper' who managed to shoot them at close range... in the back of the head.
There was an interesting account of this by one of the Russian POW interviewees. The C.O remained back from the frontline position, in a basement with the medics and he kept their reconnaissance group with him as body guards. Any squaddie successful enough to get face time with him had to strip down to their underpants before entering his room.
17:45 in-

O, Geneve convention for Russian prisoners? No, it works only when I posted interview with British prirosner.

And my post was removed. Lets wait.
Maybe Tony will be quick enough.

And Nazi Azov surrender today

O, Geneve convention for Russian prisoners? No, it works only when I posted interview with British prirosner.

In the actual universe (outside of the shrieking and bloodthirsty Russian propaganda world), the Ukrainian government has been trying to arrange the exchange of all the Russian prisoners they hold for all Ukrainian prisoners Russia has. Incredulously, the Russian Mordor government doesn't even want to bring their own home. I guess not surprising given their total indifference to their own dead - leaving them to rot in the field or, if they are lucky, burning them in the handy industrial field crematoria they brought with them - little portable Aushwitzes.

I am not sure if Russia ever was that special civilization that had the "Soulfulness" (Duhovnost') that Russians now claim...but the current Russian propagandized population is the most "Soul-less" in modern history. Makes reading of Lermontov's "Hero of our Time" quaint in comparison.

Russia’s problem with repatriating its captured or injured soldiers is the stories they may tell back home, about what it was really like.

How to say in English «я охреневаю от того, как вы вы переворачиваете все с ног на голову»

Запрет на забор тел убитых дала именно Украина. Это вы можете легко узнать из про-украинских пабликов.

Вы живёте в каком то зазеркалье. Удивительно, конечно.

Russia’s problem with repatriating its captured or injured soldiers is the stories they may tell back home, about what it was really like.

There was several hundreds repatriating already. They can and already told about torture and inhuman treatment, killing of prisoners made by UA side.

You can easily compare it with attitude received by the prisoners and wounded Azov Nazi, who killed and held hostage the civilian population of Mariupol.

Did you see the first Russian soldier plead guilty to murdering a civilian today and have the decency to apologise to the victim’s widow? There are thousands more to come.

The Geneva Conventions are rules that apply only in times of armed conflict and seek to protect people who are not or are no longer taking part in hostilities; these include the sick and wounded of armed forces on the field, wounded, sick, and shipwrecked members of armed forces at sea, prisoners of war, and civilians.

Did you see the first Russian soldier plead guilty to murdering a civilian today and have the decency to apologise to the victim’s widow. There are thousands more to come.

Yes, I read the case today. I doubt the competitiveness and transparency of the court in Ukraine, but I do not rule out crimes against civilians.

UA have only several hundreds of prisoners from very first day of the war. But RU has 4500 prisoners from Azov only. Nazi Azov os not defender as you want to show them. They protect only themselth like terrorists. and will be judjed like terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back