advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parisienne chic - temporary construction hoarding around the new Saint Laurent store on the Champs Elysees:

51982555326_097f4e4c83_b.jpg

51982620018_4c6bfb31da_b.jpg

Fuji X10

Great takes

I've been peering at Gloucester docks for a good few years on google. I must actually go there.

Its interesting but probably over-developed from a photography perspective - very little left untouched, and a lot of modern (ish) buildings joining up some of the restored warehouses (and a very modsern shopping centre/restaurant complex at one end). The cathedral is definitely worth a visit though.

Yes, I noticed that too. The cathedral looks lovely, and some other interesting ancient buildings in that area.

So I dragged my recent purchase, a boat anchor of a camera out on a short walk this morning - an original Canon 5D, I bought it to see what all the fuss was about (over the last few months I've accumulated some EF glass), so it seemed rude not too! A couple of weeks ago I trawled the internet and found a late model 5D at Harrisons (so hopefully no mirror detachment issues) with 12 months warranty (for the princely sum of £200), when it arrived it was in excellent order and only 6500 clicks. It was interesting shooting on a 17 year old DSLR (having shot mirrorless digital for 10 years), no live view, no live histogram, almost like shooting a late model film SLR!! 12MP of full frame goodness, this was the first commercially available Full Frame sensor, and generally thought to have a "more film" like colour rendition (than later CMOS FF sensors). All images shot with Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART lens.

Tractor Tracks
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Tilled

Target Practice

Open Goal

Ground Rush

Has anyone noticed how painterly phone pics get when you really zoom in, e.g., the photo above zoomed in and screenshot. No filters applied at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back