advertisement

The most boring band?

tbh, we're only mentioning well known bands here which is fair enough, but there are loads of bands playing generic indie-pop, that you wouldn't cross the road to see if they were doing a free gig!

I would agree with U2 but not Genesis. U2 are massively over-rated as is that Springsteen bloke. Genesis are very listenable with the exception of the Calling All Stations album which was awful.
I do like Genesis myself, God knows what some of the lyrics are about but musically I really enjoy them

Pet Shop Boys, I so wanted to blow my brains out when they came on, pure drivel.

I rather like them myself.

LmpwZw.jpeg

Aside from landfill indie and about 50% of the sort of thing featured in Q, Mojo, Rolling Stone etc I struggle a bit with the Grateful Dead.

Suspect I've just never listened to the right bits or been in the right, er, state of mind :)

RPG crowd?
Role playing games? Dungeons and Dragons etc.
Aside from landfill indie and about 50% of the sort of thing featured in Q, Mojo, Rolling Stone etc I struggle a bit with the Grateful Dead.

Suspect I've just never listened to the right bits or been in the right, er, state of mind :)
I bought Europe 72 listened to it once! I think you're right about being in the right state of mind.

But bizarrely I quite like side 5 'truckin' at least I've played it more than once!:rolleyes:

Andy

The Beatles. I turn the radio off as soon as I hear a note. I never heard them growing up and just find it all so similar/tedious.

Also the lighthouse family, instant off button.

Dire Straits, Tom Petty and Genesis spring to mind immediately. I also find people who ‘play guitar for the sake of it’ very boring ie, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Bonnamasa et al.

Cheers BB

I liked the first couple of U2 albums, I can’t remember the last time I listened to them though.

I’ll probably get slaughtered for this but I find post ‘The Bends’ Radiohead boring too.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back