advertisement

The most boring band?

nah - massively exciting and lyrically incisive

761.gif

;)

Yes and Genesis are both in the area of my music preferences but apart from some rare exceptions just can't listen to either of them.

I have tried, and I do have a few Yes albums that I bought after hearing some of their stuff on the radio in the 70s but listening sessions are invariably short.

Can't listen to Springsteen at all. As ever each to their own.

Andy

Once a pal of mine was in a record store to buy a Yes album. The guy behind the counter shouted loudly: 'Here is someone buying a YES album!!!'. Rather red eared, my pal quickly left the place.

Two concerts I wished I could have left well before the end because the band was excruciatingly boring

Severi Pyysalo at the Turku Music Festival aka tmj (as a well-known longstanding festival-goer I had been given a seat in the middle of the front row)

Dan Ar Bras at the Festival de Cornouailles, Quimper (we were in the middle of an extremely narrow structure and getting two blind people out before the general exodus was not an option)

+1 for solos, and I'll add the never-ending endings to songs, urging the crowd to clap along, the singer looking on expectedly whilst pointing the microphone into the crowd.

I'm with @BertieWorcester - they would all be on my list too. In the Biffy Clyro era there have been a few 'indie' type bands that really are non-descript (in fact that could include The Script :D!)

Tedious stuff.....

advertisement

Back