advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lard Frost appears to have wound his neck in of late (perhaps the organ grinder is preoccupied elsewhere?) , yet his attempts and those of N.I Loyalists to overthrow the Northern Ireland Protocol remain a ticking time bomb. Trade sanctions would hurt any U.K. sector but Welsh lamb producers who rely on the EU for 90% of their business could go to the wall.

The factory that makes Dyson products (actually in Malaysia) is in trouble for using forced labour
Nobody makes anything in Singapore, its just a shipper
https://www.malaymail.com/news/mala...n-supplier-ata-over-labour-complaints/2027664
"ATA's mostly migrant workforce did overtime in excess of the monthly legal limit of 104 hours, and worked on Sundays. ATA, which makes parts for Dyson vacuum cleaners and air purifiers, has said all overtime was voluntary"
Wow, exceeding 20 hours a week of overtime...
So one of Dyson's suppliers of parts/sub-assemblies, but the article is not 100% clear whether the "independent audit" was initiated by Dyson or some other source and what triggered it (the Labour Department investigations mentioned or something else?). It would be interesting to know.

Lard Frost appears to have wound his neck in of late (perhaps the organ grinder is preoccupied elsewhere?) , yet his attempts and those of N.I Loyalists to overthrow the Northern Ireland Protocol remain a ticking time bomb. Trade sanctions would hurt any U.K. sector but Welsh lamb producers who rely on the EU for 90% of their business could go to the wall.
The US reaction is the one that they are afraid of, more likely to put some of the cabinet on the sanctions list

EPk80RI.jpg

Well, there's a surprise. Nobody saw that coming, other than all of us who have been shouting about it since the vote was announced. Cue one of the brexit cheerleaders telling us it's Covid, it would have happened anyway, and nobody at all said brexit would wreck the economy.

Well, there's a surprise. Nobody saw that coming, other than all of us who have been shouting about it since the vote was announced. Cue one of the brexit cheerleaders telling us it's Covid, it would have happened anyway, and nobody at all said brexit would wreck the economy.

Common get a grip this is a long term project. JRM indicated 50yrs this is just a temporary adjustment exacerbated by covid. There is a raft of trade deals advanced by Truss and she is only taking a short break to sort out the Russian issue prior to taking over the PM role. Have faith ;)

Note that painful, steep and jagged climb all the way to 2016: bloody EU!
After the beautiful referendum result, notice how it goes all smooth, nice and flat. Sunny uplands!
2020-2021: more bullying by the pesky EU, but at least it's all downhill now. Hooray! Plus we're saving the planet from all that useless investment.
I thought the hard remainer term for something or other they made up was sunlit uplands?

Common get a grip this is a long term project. JRM indicated 50yrs this is just a temporary adjustment exacerbated by covid. There is a raft of trade deals advanced by Truss and she is only taking a short break to sort out the Russian issue prior to taking over the PM role. Have faith ;)
Yes, it's all going to be all right in 50 years. Well, I know I won't care by then, at least. Christ.

Oven ready Boris continues to camouflage his stupid hard Brexit by delaying further the introduction of unnecessary checks now required because he didn't go for a customs union.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business...exit-checks-on-imports-from-ireland-1.4756003
From the article...

Carol Lynch, partner in BDO’s Customs and International Trade Service division, said this was good news for Irish exporters who will not now need to lodge declarations in advance of departure of the goods from Ireland, while food exporters will not face immediate new SPS checks and other additional requirements.
It is sensible not to implement unnecessary checks, now if only the other side was sensible...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back