advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well, what goes around.....we remember Mr. Bruce and his sense of loyalty.

Am I wrong to have a drink tonight to celebrate Steve's sacking, er I meant mutual decision. I mean it was 20 years ago.
“I gave him the job, I spent millions on players with him, top of the league and the moment Birmingham batted their eyelids at him, off he wanted to go."
- Simon Jordan, ex-Chairman CPFC

I don't subscribe to the Telegraph but that's who did the interview with him and where the quote is taken from. Probably done with a journalist he's friendly with.

I don't subscribe to the Torygraph but that's who did the interview with him and where the quote is taken from. Probably done with a journalist he's friendly with.

Who are the people who would talk to journalists they are not friendly with? :)

Meanwhile I'm no fan of Jordan but on this, his recollection is spot on. Palace are not the only club Bruce has let down and seeing him get his overdue desserts will produce few tears. I'm sure the compo millions will help soothe his inflated ego.

I would be surprised if there is a fan out there that would stop supporting their team because of a change of ownership. It is also true that many of us are ignorant of events across the globe until our attention is drawn to them.

Anyway, we are loyal, tribal, and defensive of our teams because football inspires it. Some of my earliest memories are of ducking through the streets and alleyways of Moss Side with my dad and grandad; I will never lose those sights, smells and thoughts.
I entirely agree with those sentiments Geoff and running as deep as they do explains why I find the influx of dirty banks and despot regimes an assault on those sentiments.

Well watched limited highlights of the Utd game last night and frankly I was gob smacked . Great result and the win they needed but how lazy and inept were they in that first half. Little or no pressing almost no defensive work from the front four and the mid field being over run .
Things changed for the better in the second half but not sure if that was because they were blasted at half time or told to change the formation . The problems were evident in the first ten minutes and that is not a great Atlanta side . My own feeling is that it was proof if needed that Oli is not the right manager for that team his lack of tactical knowledge and inability to change things when they are wrong is not getting the best out of decent squad . I am very sure that he will be allowed to get to the end of this season but if he has not sorted things in a more positive way I can see there being a new Manager and all the turmoil that will entail next season .

I only saw the highlights as well but I thought the two halves typified where United are right now - disorganised/disinterested one moment; irresistable/unplayable the next.
I think Ole is seriously under-achieving - my worst fear is that someone like Conte comes in and sorts them out.

Well watched limited highlights of the Utd game last night and frankly I was gob smacked . Great result and the win they needed but how lazy and inept were they in that first half. Little or no pressing almost no defensive work from the front four and the mid field being over run .
Things changed for the better in the second half but not sure if that was because they were blasted at half time or told to change the formation . The problems were evident in the first ten minutes and that is not a great Atlanta side . My own feeling is that it was proof if needed that Oli is not the right manager for that team his lack of tactical knowledge and inability to change things when they are wrong is not getting the best out of decent squad . I am very sure that he will be allowed to get to the end of this season but if he has not sorted things in a more positive way I can see there being a new Manager and all the turmoil that will entail next season .

They have bought a succession of individuals, IMO, and tried to integrate them into a squad where there is no obvious pattern of play. It is certainly true of Liverpool, City, Burnley, Chelsea, and others, that a recognisable and distinct footballing philosophy, clearly visible on the pitch, comes from the manager: Klopp, Pep, Dyche and Tuchel clearly set the playing style and that is not apparent with Ole.

I only saw the highlights as well but I thought the two halves typified where United are right now - disorganised/disinterested one moment; irresistable/unplayable the next.
I think Ole is seriously under-achieving - my worst fear is that someone like Conte comes in and sorts them out.

Ole just needs another 5-10 years to get the team sorted. Man Utd fans need to show some patience.

They have bought a succession of individuals, IMO, and tried to integrate them into a squad where there is no obvious pattern of play. It is certainly true of Liverpool, City, Burnley, Chelsea, and others, that a recognisable and distinct footballing philosophy, clearly visible on the pitch, comes from the manager: Klopp, Pep, Dyche and Tuchel clearly set the playing style and that is not apparent with Ole.
Leave Ole alone. Everyone's on his back. He just needs more time (5-10 years).

Ole just needs another 5-10 years to get the team sorted. Man Utd fans need to show some patience.
To be fair I think the majority of fans are being patient with him in much the same way as Chelsea fans were with Frank.
Trouble is sentiment doesn't win trophies.

I don't subscribe to the Telegraph but that's who did the interview with him and where the quote is taken from. Probably done with a journalist he's friendly with.
It's Luke Edwards and I referenced it yesterday upthread:
""Bruce needs a holiday and has earned one."
Aye fair play, it's been a whole month since his last one.
Still playing the victim with his hack Edwards in The Torygraph..."

To be fair I think the majority of fans are being patient with him in much the same way as Chelsea fans were with Frank.
Trouble is sentiment doesn't win trophies.

I think Tuchel has had his time at Chelsea too. He should've wrapped up this season's Premier League by now. He needs to go.

It's Luke Edwards and I referenced it yesterday upthread:
""Bruce needs a holiday and has earned one."
Aye fair play, it's been a whole month since his last one.
Still playing the victim with his hack Edwards in The Torygraph..."

You knew this interview was coming didn't you? ;)

Proabably done a few days ago so SB could get away straight after his sacking was confirmed.

I think Tuchel has had his time at Chelsea too. He should've wrapped up this season's Premier League by now. He needs to go.
:)
I think Chelsea are still a work in progress and some way behind City & Liverpool despite what the current league table says.

It was done at the weekend.
Edwards is a long term apologist...

They all have one or two they can lean on for some positive press. Pep won't have any apart from maybe Guillem Balagué who really tries to attach himself to Pep rather than the other way round. Doubt Tuchel does either.

Klopp has the media eating out of his hands. He's a very likeable bloke in person.

:)
I think Chelsea are still a work in progress and some way behind City & Liverpool despite what the current league table says.

We don't stand a chance against the might of Chelsea and Liverpool. We're way behind and just doing our best to hang on. We can't even afford a decent striker while you have Rom and Liverpool have 3 stunning forwards. All we can do is take it one game at a time.

It's like the days of Stuart Pearce again - Ederson is going upfront and bring Zack Steffen in goal - what else can we do?
It sounds tough but it's one in the eye for all those who say that Pep would be just an average manager without all that money.

That's the crux of the problem - City need to learn how to spend a little and stop obsessing over FFP rules.:D
Our owners are broke. Can see a sale of the club coming soon. I’d like to see fans from all the leagues start a gofundme page for them. It’s the right thing to do. #footballfamily

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back