advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve defended Public Health England against charges of e.g. suppressing data by releasing it while Eurovision was on (o_O) but Harries does seem to see it as her role to shield the government from criticism even at the cost of misinforming the public. There were some raised eyebrows when she got the top job at UKHSA despite her terrible public interventions while head of PHE, and, well...

I first noticed that Harries was not on the side of the angels in the Marr interview she gave a couple of weeks ago, the replies were disingenuous and in fact for me, slightly disturbing. I posted about one of them here, about whether the country was accepting the number of deaths as a new normal. Things weren’t helped by the fact that Marr wasn’t ready to challenge her.

I first noticed that Harries was not on the side of the angels in the Marr interview she gave a couple of weeks ago, the replies were disingenuous and in fact for me, slightly disturbing. I posted about one of them here, about whether the country was accepting the number of deaths as a new normal. Things weren’t helped by the fact that Marr wasn’t ready to challenge her.
You don’t remember the fireside chats with the PM, the downplaying of the significance of testing and PPE, the insistence that the country was actually very well prepared? Proper Don’t Scare the Natives stuff.

The lab that generated the false negatives this month has never been accredited despite what Harries and a Government spokesman have stated. Why am I not suprised...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...lse-negative-covid-tests-not-fully-accredited
Skid marks in the VIP Lane?

“Announcing the investigation into Immensa on Friday, Dr Jenny Harries, the chief executive of the UK Health Security Agency, said the lab was “accredited to all of the appropriate standards”, while on Monday a government spokesperson said: “The lab was fully accredited by the UK’s independent accreditation service before being appointed.”

But Ukas said neither Immensa Health Clinics nor Dante Labs had ever been awarded Ukas accreditation, which is intended to ensure labs meet minimum quality standards. Companies require the certification, or must be in the process of applying for it, if they wish to provide Covid testing”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-not-fully-accredited?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Dr.Harris has some questions to answer. On previous occasions you could blink and think it was Matt Hancock speaking. If she has mislead the public again she needs to resign this time (remember when she said “Britain was an international exemplar of preparedness with high quality PPE stockpiled” at the start of the pandemic?).

Why is England driving the rise in UK Covid cases?

"As people drifted back to more normal routines, and students returned to schools and colleges with very few protective measures in place, the virus spread more swiftly – notably among unvaccinated secondary school pupils, who currently have the highest rates of infection in the country. The UK epidemic is now largely driven by infections in this age group"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/why-england-driving-rise-uk-covid-cases

https://www.medpagetoday.com/specia...xid=nl_covidupdate_2021-10-19&eun=g1465870d0r

The CDC has begun to provide weekly data on COVID-19 cases and deaths by vaccination status, illustrating the stark differences between those who have received the shots and those who haven't -- and even revealing some differences between vaccines.

Deaths among the unvaccinated peaked the week starting August 8, at 13.23 per 100,000 population, while deaths among those who had been vaccinated with one of the three products remained under four per 100,000 that week. For the vaccinated, deaths were numerically highest among Johnson & Johnson recipients, at 3.14 per 100,000, followed by Pfizer at 1.43, and Moderna at 0.73.

But will the new official stats make a big impact? Not likely, said Paul Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. While he agreed that it's a useful tool, "at this point, quite frankly, I don't know how much more information people need that the vaccine is a way to keep you from being hospitalized or dying."

How much death and disability are the far right directly responsible for !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back