advertisement

No Time to Die, Yet?

We are booked to see the new 007 on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Going to watch all the Daniel Craig Bond films (on DvD) before we go as we think the last Craig Bond film may reference them. Even if it doesn’t, it will still be fun. Might even have a vodka martini.

Bond is arrogant, supremely self-confident, and flawed as a human being. Craig groks this and portrays it brilliantly, imho.

I certainly think it's the closest in spirit to the books - even if he doesn't get to stir Benzedrine into his champagne.

(and would the real Bond be so obsessed with drinking Heineken?!)

We are booked to see the new 007 on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Going to watch all the Daniel Craig Bond films (on DvD) before we go as we think the last Craig Bond film may reference them. Even if it doesn’t, it will still be fun. Might even have a vodka martini.
Shouldn’t that be a Vesper?

As an Odeon card holder I make regular visits to the cinema. Went three times last week but probably see the latest Bond movie next week.

Flawed? Well, he’s in the secret service with double-O classification, he’s almost certainly a psychopath!

going 9th Oct Odeon Leicester Sq

trip to London means the Mrs will want a hotel and slap up dinner.....

Only seen DC in ‘the mother’. More than just a pretty six-pack. Not bad in that Catherine Tate thingy too ;)

Last edited:
The last few Bond films have been utter shit, seen one, seen them all. Best thing to do is to watch the opening sequence & walk out.

Connery was most people's first exposure to a 'proper' cold war/postWW2 spy/agent. In that role and in the context of the times.. he was brilliant. You really need to think back to what else was showing in 1962 which even came close.

Roger Moore seemed OK at the time, but in retrospect was bloody awful. The films were turned into spoofs of spoofs and at the time were regarded as watchable jokes. I struggle to watch them now.

Dalton was better.. Brosnan better still.

But Daniel Craig has nailed it. He has exacty the right balance of qualities to BE the 21st C Bond. For me.. Quantum of Solace is the weakest of his films.. but that is a script/screenplay issue... not his acting.

I will not be watching 'No Time' in the Cinema. I think I've been to the cinema about a dozen times in 40 years and I just cannot handle the huge screen and 'boom whoosh bang szzeeing wham' noises. or a screen which my field of vision cannot take on in one look. I'll wait for the TV release... but good luck to them.

I like Dalton. Only 2 movies, but I thought he was a breath of fresh air after Moore. I think Craig OK, but far too musclebound - Fleming wrote Bond as 183 cm and 76 kilos IIRC (in From Russia With Love).

Not only has Craig made a decent Bond but for me it’s the Bourne influence that has been the game changer. There is now a grittiness that was lacking. Previous Bonds wouldn’t have had a hair out of place after a fight for instance.

The big premiere was held in the Royal Albert Hall.
Was anyone from this group there at the premiere either as a tech or an attendee. If so how was the screen and projector arranged so that the whole audience got the whole experience
or
was the audience limited to a small area on the floor of the auditorium.

Also on Radio 4 on a discussion they played the classic big sound themes of the Bond films and the sound coming from the sound system was excellent - just as in the cinema. The room fair hummed or tingled.

advertisement

Back