advertisement

Is it time?

That's another about being retired; a) you never know what day it is and b) you don't care. I've been thinking it's Saturday every day this week. (Though the binmen have just been so it's obvs Thursday.)

I don't like it.

Here's my thought for the day.

I do not like threat titles that don't give me a hint regarding what the thread might be about.

Last few times I've heard it, it has included some contemporaneous content that was factually incorrect each time. Honest mistakes or just BS to help carry a narrative, one can only guess.

Here in N.I. Our local Thought for the day variously promotes some form of religious indoctrination......its gash!

Here in N.I. Our local Thought for the day variously promotes some form of religious indoctrination......its gash!
Ours in England does too…. from memory, I may be confusing it with something else that’s on. They could at least put a few Pagans or Witch Doctors on occasionally for balance.

I do not like threat titles that don't give me a hint regarding what the thread might be about.
I’m not sure I like the sound of any kind of threat titles. Are you sure they aren’t contrary to the AUP and all that stuff?

I really don’t mind it, they even have non-religious content. Rarely catch it these days but hardly worth getting upset about is it?

I think it’s time for…

lB7kcAW.jpg

again.

I find alcohol helps but there seems to be a social stigma in hitting the bottle at 7.50 every morning.
You don't have to hit the bottle hard though, the occasional shot of brandy with one's early morning coffee is a very civilised thing.

I find alcohol helps but there seems to be a social stigma in hitting the bottle at 7.50 every morning.
Oh blimey, so that’s why there are disapproving looks when I get confused and accidentally blunder onto the public highway with my morning tipple.

Yes it is generally annoying although today’s on kindness was thought provoking I thought.
I may have heard that, or something similar somewhere else. Anyhow, kindness is a thing now. A chap at some university or other is researching it, both the giving and receiving thereof and our reactions to it.

I may have heard that, or something similar somewhere else. Anyhow, kindness is a thing now. A chap at some university or other is researching it, both the giving and receiving thereof and our reactions to it.
Paradoxically you gotta be cruel to be kind; converted me for sure.

On Sunday when you thought you had at least a day off from it up pops ‘Something Understood’….

advertisement

Back