advertisement

Nevermind the bollocks?

Hopefully his parents gave consent and presumably they were paid in some way too. American courtrooms can be strange places though so it's probably worth a punt in the right juristiction...

This is bizarre. the chap concerned has been quite happy to enjoy his baby fame, and has posed for the cameras to reproduce the picture in his adult life multiple times. The story I read with the 'claims' goes beyond bizarre. I can only conclude that he is short of money and some fancy lawyer has put him up to it.

The American legal system is cranky - and would be worthy of research by an visiting aliens.

Is it poetic justice that a baby depicted swimming after a dollar bill is now running down those responsible for a lot more dollar bills?

I get the sense he's always been pretty ambivalent about this, although the rather extreme allegations sound to me like a shot across the bow to open up negotiation for an out of court settlement. A lot of money has been derived from the use of his image and he probably feels like he deserves a little of that for the weirdness it's put in his life.

I wonder if the girl on the front of the Blind Faith album cover is watching with interest?

Is there not some statute of limitations on signed releases? Surely the company cannot be expected to keep every scrap of paper for ever.

Yes, you would be very well advised to keep a contract of any kind. Otherwise how would you prove your rights under that contract?

It's hard to imagine a suit would be filed if it could immediately be dismissed by statute of limitation.

It's hard to imagine a suit would be filed if it could immediately be dismissed by statute of limitation.
Not at all. In fact, I'm doing it right now. I'm also imagining that maybe they dreamed up that sexual abuse angle precisely for this reason.

advertisement

Back