advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been around it a lot. I don't know that it gains by constant repetition. It distracts from the meat.

I thought this had to be a spoof at first,

“The blue and yellow symbol of European unity will be displayed around “every piece of signage, pavement sticker, or temporary public realm adaption” funded under the scheme.

The requirement, which will see thousands of new EU flags posted on official buildings and in public places across the country, exists because the European Regional Development Fund has given money to the UK to help with the Covid-19 reopening”.

I think we are going to see these two down with a nail file and a spray can, going to work on them:

Dnp9Ute.jpg

MnAxmHr.jpg

He's been around it a lot. I don't know that it gains by constant repetition. It distracts from the meat.
That brexit was a construct built on lies, pushed through with lies and propped up with lies now is a central and unarguable fact.
That many of the lies originated with the johnson is also pivotal to any argument regarding brexit.
It's no distraction, but I can quite see how attractive forgetting this or trying to hurry the critical to amnesiac safety would be to some.

That brexit was a construct built on lies, pushed through with lies and propped up with lies now is a central and unarguable fact.
That many of the lies originated with the johnson is also pivotal to any argument regarding brexit.
It's no distraction, but I can quite see how attractive forgetting this or trying to hurry the critical to amnesiac safety would be to some.
It’s because it’s embarrassing. In fact I got the feeling it was actually humiliating for EV. Any normal person would be appalled by Johnson’s behaviour and the reputational damage he does to all four countries in the British Isles by association.

"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company."

Booker T. Washington

I've already read it, and I often read Grey's blog. I disagree with much of what he says, usually in terms of weight and slant, and agree with much too. When he relents on the Johnson/lies rant he becomes increasingly interesting, as is the case with the linked piece.

He does though have a complete blind spot is regards the EU, but that is no less the case with much of the bien pensant pro-EU left, as well represented on these pages.
Ho ho.

About Johnson's lying: all politicians fudge, embellish, change their minds, lie by omission and occasionally flat out lie. It's how they are able to function in complex and changing situations. But when was the last time the UK had a prime minister that lies as he breathes? Johnson's personal reputation is long gone, but this tarnishes his government and the whole country.

Does the ECJ have direct jurisdiction in Malaysia?
Not directly, but it doesn't stop them setting rules about child labour and environmental standards if you want to trade with them.

Intertestingly the TPPA, which the UK is keen to join, has some similar legal consequences as the ECJ.

I don't often check on this thread because I found very little new being brought to the arguments and also because the timing of the pandemic has meant it is difficult to determine the effects of brexit.

"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company."

Booker T. Washington

"Beware of self-righteousness in every possible shape and form."

Someone else.

There's a viscous stream of it running through this thread.

Not directly, but it doesn't stop them setting rules about child labour and environmental standards if you want to trade with them.

Intertestingly the TPPA, which the UK is keen to join, has some similar legal consequences as the ECJ.

It is certainly true that international trade agreements impose various contractual obligations. I am sticking my neck out a little on this one, but I think only the EU insists upon its own, highly activist supreme Court, can act as arbitrator in disputes. In most Treaties dispute arbitration bodies would be expected to be independent and neutral.

This legal imperialism, by which the EU always seeks to impose its own legal regulatory order onto countries both within and without its membership, is central to its current disputes both with the UK and Switzerland.

"Beware of self-righteousness in every possible shape and form."

Someone else.

There's a viscous stream of it running through this thread.

I'd like to see how long you'd last in employment if you lied constantly like Johnson does, or obtained work contracts by deceiving clients.

No? Thought not.

Legal purism, imperialism, absolutism, maximalism. Sounds like a new imagining of legally binding agreement- one that saves British Cabinet Ministers the embarrassment of standing up in Parliament again and announcing they intend breaking the law ( “in a specific and limited way”).

I've already read it, and I often read Grey's blog. I disagree with much of what he says, usually in terms of weight and slant, and agree with much too. When he relents on the Johnson/lies rant he becomes increasingly interesting, as is the case with the linked piece.

He does though have a complete blind spot is regards the EU, but that is no less the case with much of the bien pensant pro-EU left, as well represented on these pages.

EV, what's this about saving 13p on a bottle of wine post Brexit? The Express is very excited about it.

I'd like to see how long you'd last in employment if you lied constantly like Johnson does, or obtained work contracts by deceiving clients.

No? Thought not.

EV has also posted that he doesn't like contracts. Not sure why; maybe, like Boris, he thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back