advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether we like it or not the UK is out of the EU and there is no appetite to rejoin. Does anyone believe a government could sell rejoining to the public. Ted sold the EEC as a low cost trading association, how would anyone sell joining the EU in the future?
You're not talking about Scotland and NI, presumably?

There you go a comprehensive response with much added detail around the positives of Brexit to counterbalance the opposing view o_O

He did manage an ahistorical post for once - small steps - but unfortunately reverted to type further down thread. Maybe EV is crafting a carefully considered and (very) lengthy response.

You've lost me there. I think you've probably lost yourself too. Sturgeon's culty SNP has long played the anti-British culture war, it’s the only game it has. It plays out on the ground as SNP supporters standing at the border and at railway stations holding up placards saying 'English not welcome', or an over libated middle-aged man on a Glasgow bus telling a 19 year old female university undergraduate on her way back to digs early one gloomy afternoon to 'f*** off back to England you f*****g English c***'.

Desperate stuff ET, heard that one from you before at least twice. Like such things never happen anywhere else, probably best observed by countries without the reputation of the Engllish abroad. The main protagonists playing into the hands of the SNP are Johnson, his goon squad and their voters.

You've lost me there. I think you've probably lost yourself too. Sturgeon's culty SNP has long played the anti-British culture war, it’s the only game it has. It plays out on the ground as SNP supporters standing at the border and at railway stations holding up placards saying 'English not welcome', or an over libated middle-aged man on a Glasgow bus telling a 19 year old female university undergraduate on her way back to digs early one gloomy afternoon to 'f*** off back to England you f*****g English c***'.
Direct comparisons between Sturgeon and Johnson are most welcome.

Where's that chart showing that we have spent nearly as much on Brexit as we have on membership fees since joining the EU? Surely we must have exceed those by now (ref: Frost saying the government is throwing money at the NI problem). VFM Boris style.

You're not talking about Scotland and NI, presumably?
The falsehood that Brexit was about the United Kingdom. Johnson not only has deteriorated relations with Europe, he has them with the the other three members of the UK. No one trusts the shyster beyond his own demographic.

Add the Mobile roaming charges to the EU rules limiting non-EU content in its broadcasting like they do with the US. That will reduce by millions the financing for UK drama and other programmes.

Those reverse benefits just keep coming:
  • huge staff shortages in key industries and services.
  • no EU arrest warrant or crime data sharing.
  • no Erasmus.
  • EU visitors treatment at airports as part of a new 'hostile environment'.
  • EU citizens here failed by the Home Office, a great look after Windrush – a poisonous message for EU tourism.
  • protecting our farmers/fishermen - gone.
  • Steel workers sold out.
  • Australia deal selling out UK beef farmers with sixty times more imported next year in return for a pathetic 0.02% GDP increase over 15 years.
  • NI Protocol kicked past the marching season but huge issues persist with dogma stopping them agreeing to EU food standards, while we did agree to EU employment and environment norms.
I wonder why some of this was missed off the red bus.

Last edited:
Add the Mobile roaming charges to the EU rules limiting non-EU content in its broadcasting like they do with the US. That will reduce by millions the financing for UK drama and other programmes.

• hugestaff shortages in key industries and services.
  • no Erasmus.
  • EU citizens here failed by the Home Office, a great look after Windrush – a poisonous message for EU tourism.
  • Australia deal selling out UK beef farmers with sixty times more imported next year in return for a pathetic 0.02% GDP increase over 15 years.
  • NI Protocol kicked past the marching season but huge issues persist with dogma stopping them agreeing to EU food standards, while we did agree to EU employment and environment norms.
The red bus was only for lies.

• hugestaff shortages in key industries and services.
  • no Erasmus.
I will take a chance, as it hasn't yet transpired, the ruination of the travel industry and many people's summer hols because of the delta variant, which in turn is a result of the failure to cease travel between UK and India owing to Johnson's desperation to sign an iffy trade deal in an attempt to stick a bit of lipstick on brexit.

• huge staff shortages in key industries and services.
  • no Erasmus.
but Frosty says we are having a love-in with our EU ‘friends’.

I will take a chance, as it hasn't yet transpired, the ruination of the travel industry and many people's summer hols because of the delta variant, which in turn is a result of the failure to cease travel between UK and India owing to Johnson's desperation to sign an iffy trade deal in an attempt to stick a bit of lipstick on brexit.
Johnson is a man who has gone through life with disregard for the consequences of his actions, nor does he appear to learn from experience. He’s up in helicopters giving the thumbs up for his political film unit. He lives in the now with occasional flights of fancy following his not infrequent office chair naps. Not someone you’d want to elect to lead the nation through a crisis, he created them and profits from his misrule.

The move to USE you cling so desperately to has no basis in reality, the negative consequences of being isolated are very real.
The latest is raising EU own money, the next is EU own taxation. Slowly does it. As someone pointed out Guy has been sidelined, he helped get Brexit done and was honest about the progress towards a USE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back