advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson conned the Northern Irish but he’s having difficulty conning the EU. They are about to apply the necessary remedies in international law. Corpulent Frosty looks like he’s cut from the same block and we await further manufactured delicatessen item disputes.

Let’s be quite clear. All this is not difficult. This is a matter of principle and if you can’t see this I seriously doubt your intelligence and your integrity. I’m looking at you ET.

The UK signed up to an international agreement. The British government and civil service are staffed by highly intelligent personnel (though the Tory leaders are pure bullshitters). They knew exactly what they signed up for, and the actions they were obliged to take under the agreement. They have deliberately chosen, as a matter of tactics, not to do so.

The fall-out that results from this position is solely the fault of the Tories. The EU may not be “perfect” but they are positive angels in comparison to the arseholes that are running this country.

‘He signed up and told the population that he'd just landed the deal that they said couldn't be done, when he did no such thing.’

I think what Johnson meant to say was he signed a deal that they said shouldn’t be done. A slight difference but still a shite deal.

In other quite exciting news, battle royal commences as the ECJ files a writ against the German Federal Constitutional Court over which of the two is supreme in regard of EU law. The Bundesverfassungsgericht is the defender of Basic Law, and doesn't recognise the EU as a legal sovereign entity, and thus the primacy of the CJEU. The ECJ has instigated proceedings against Karlsruhe over the Federal court having ruled the ECJ's covid relief bond purchasing and QE of last year in breech of the Treaties, and thus beyond its remit, and unlawful.

This matter goes to the heart of Colin's post of this morning, and the result may well be fundamental to the process of fiscal, and thus political, union.

Let’s be quite clear. All this is not difficult. This is a matter of principle and if you can’t see this I seriously doubt your intelligence and your integrity. I’m looking at you ET.

The UK signed up to an international agreement. The British government and civil service are staffed by highly intelligent personnel (though the Tory leaders are pure bullshitters). They knew exactly what they signed up for, and the actions they were obliged to take under the agreement. They have deliberately chosen, as a matter of tactics, not to do so.

The fall-out that results from this position is solely the fault of the Tories. The EU may not be “perfect” but they are positive angels in comparison to the arseholes that are running this country.

You seem to lack any kind of imagination, Colin, or perhaps your head is ruled by your heart in regard of your hatred of the tories.

Indeed EV, which is why we are all interested in learning about which version of Brexit you voted for in 2016, and the thinking behind it.

Not this one, Kirk. I underestimated the degree of vindictiveness on the part of the EU, which was perhaps silly of me considering that I had been watching its unpleasant antics for many years, and it was those very antics that compelled me to vote to leave.

Your post is highly facile and disingenuous, calculated to offend any logical clear thinking by your audience.
You seem to think that the citizens of NI are all good law abiding ones and that shipments incoming to NI from GB could not be broken down and redistributed or the whole shipment simply re badged.
What is absurd is that you don’t allow for the inevitable black and grey market economy that will flourish. I for one don’t want my food stuffs to become contaminated by whatever tat BJ & cronies allow in under their international trade agreements

What goods do you see as being at risk of being smuggled? Excluding Tesco sausages, which no civilised person would want to eat.

What goods do you see as being at risk of being smuggled? Excluding Tesco sausages, which no civilised person would want to eat.
There is almost no limit to the type of goods that could be smuggled, apart from the smugglers' imagination (and only a fool would underestimate a smuggler's imagination).

There is almost no limit to the type of goods that could be smuggled, apart from the smugglers' imagination (and only a fool would underestimate a smuggler's imagination).

That says everything whilst saying absolutely nothing at all. I'm interested in specifics.

I wish I could actually spell Bundesverfassungsgericht. I'd like to be able to say it even more.

We know what the tories are like, it doesn’t have to be repeated they are untrustworthy. They just are.

A deal was agreed between the UK and the EU and it isn’t working. Faced with such a situation people should attempt to find agreement and make a deal that will work. It seems that idea is rejected by the group here and you have to wonder why.

Well I would think that the motivation to smuggle something would limited by the potential of making a profit. I'm intrigued to know what goods that might be smuggled from NI to RoI would provide that essential ingredient.

Tariffs are inevitable on UK goods entering the EU if Johnson continues with braking the Protocol- exporters have been hammered enough.

Very good. With practice you can become perfect!

My carpentry teacher at prep school, a Colonel Moberley, who had been something in the war in the Far East, used to remind us that practice made better, but never perfect. Perfection was assumed to be a human condition that didn't exist, undoubtedly because it would be associated with arrogance.

Tariffs are inevitable on UK goods entering the EU if Johnson continues with braking the Protocol- exporters have been hammered enough.

Certainly. And violence will be inevitable in NI if the EU continues to insist upon its deeply stupid and clearly vindictive maximalist interpretation of the protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back