advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The topic was London and the services industry. I would have gleefully pointed out the movement of slices of banking, share and euro-derivatives trading that have gone over to the continent, the 7500 jobs (and counting) etc...

Why should I be concerned? I don’t have any targets, Hugh.

I have a different pov from a vocal group on some matters. Sorry and all that but I’m not going to start advocating independence for Scotland because some people here call me a troll.

These are mainly people you purport to have more in common politically than those you constantly side with to stir the pot. You choose to take a contrary view on every issue when you are not deliberately misrepresenting people, never ever presenting any cogent or consistent views of your own, it's pretty much the definition of trolling.

Then we get the "I'm being bullied but nobody bullies me" line. Now that was funny. What next - "you spilt my pint"?

These are mainly people you purport to have more in common politically than those you constantly side with to stir the pot. You choose to take a contrary view on every issue when you are not deliberately misrepresenting people, never ever presenting any cogent or consistent views of your own, it's pretty much the definition of trolling.

Then we get the "I'm being bullied but nobody bullies me" line. Now that was funny. What next - "you spilt my pint"?
Are they really?

Steve, what it is all about is my right not to say how I voted in the 2016 referendum and a choice by people such as yourself to decide I voted leave. I’ve been a member for nearly 20 years, man.

By the way, I don’t misrepresent anyone, that’s your game and another of the Steve’s. Nor do I feel bullied, just calling the attempts for what they are.

Are they really?

Steve, what it is all about is my right not to say how I voted in the 2016 referendum and a choice by people such as yourself to decide I voted leave. I’ve been a member for nearly 20 years, man.

By the way, I don’t misrepresent anyone, that’s your game and another of the Steve’s. Nor do I feel bullied, just calling the attempts for what they are.

No it's not, it's your claim to be anti Tory and laying into anyone you perceive as "enabling" them, while spending most of your time siding with their supporters and policies. Your posting style is rude, aggressive and deflective. All that has happened subsequently is people got sick of it and can't be bothered to be civil in return.

Did you spill wor lass?
Are you looking at my pint?

Does using the word "pile on" mean you comments avoid scrutiny. Or was the purpose of it to provoke the rather obvious questions that getting excited by rapid growth from a standing start are likely to draw?
You underestimate EV’s appetite for masochism!

Maros Sefcovic says that the EU is 'losing patience' and will respond with "crushing retaliation' if British supermarkets sell sausages prepared in Britain.

It sounds like a headline in the Daily Mash, or a rejected Monty Python script. Satire becomes reality

Morning all.

In my house, when the kids were small and elbows were out it was "...don't jog me!...... Mum....he's jogging me.....tell him to stop!"
Excellent post. Brings back memories of something I hadn’t associated with spilling a pint ( of whatever...).

In our flat, my brother used to get told off by our mum for elbowing me when he had his elbows out. Jogging wasn’t a thing back then.

NYT this morning- East
Jerusalem and Belfast in the same piece,

A tense summer looms for Northern Ireland
More than two decades after Northern Ireland’s bloody 30-year guerrilla war, Brexit has inflamed sectarian passions to a degree unseen in years, posing a threat to the 1998 Good Friday Agreementthat ended decades of sectarian strife.

A success of Brexit, it has “inflamed sectarian passions”.

Maros Sefcovic says that the EU is 'losing patience' and will respond with "crushing retaliation' if British supermarkets sell sausages prepared in Britain.

It sounds like a headline in the Daily Mash, or a rejected Monty Python script. Satire becomes reality

This is what he actually said concerning UK breaking international law unilaterally. Like the Turks are coming headlines the words need to be adjusted for the readership.

'If the UK takes further unilateral action over the coming weeks, the EU will not be shy in reacting swiftly, firmly and resolutely to ensure that the UK abides by its international law obligations."

Oh god, not the “hands of us great British sausage”.

RideKbB.jpg

Suggestions of tariffs and quotas, dark threats that the 'EU will act, swiftly, resolutely and firmly if the UK has the effrontery to sell British sausages in British supermarkets'.

Try to actually think that one through. 'Crushing retaliation' covers it pretty well, I think. The EU is threatening to cancel the FTA over the sale of sausages. It's surreal. You couldn't make it up.

This is what he actually said concerning UK breaking international law unilaterally. Like the Turks are coming headlines the words need to be adjusted for the readership.

'If the UK takes further unilateral action over the coming weeks, the EU will not be shy in reacting swiftly, firmly and resolutely to ensure that the UK abides by its international law obligations."
Sausages are chilled meat so maybe they will be getting a mention in coming weeks. Lets not forget bendy class 1 bananas when customs are allowed to decide what is "slight defects of shape".

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back