advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nothing to do with the short term pick-up from the Covid lockdown. When GDP crashes due to a short term shock there is always a rapid pick-up afterwards.
Think long-term.
Precisely. The housing market is rocketing due to demand outstripping supply and all that pent up spending power. The growth figures will, short term look very exciting but from a very low base in one of the hardest hit economies. Yet the thick and the disingenuous will trumpet it Daily Express-style as the miracle of Brexit Island.

Not much dismantling going on when I was up in London last week. The place is heaving, the trains packed, skyscrapers being thrown up by the dozen, financial services companies recruiting like mad, pmi indexes flying up, money being spent.

Growth rate from flat line looks impressive - wow there's a surprise. Not next to 2019 figures they don't. Those skyscrapers, any idea of the purpose and ownership? Just what we need, another foreign funded London property bubble. As if the property market isn't already overheating as people massively over pay on purchase price to save some stamp duty.

Not much dismantling going on when I was up in London last week. The place is heaving, the trains packed, skyscrapers being thrown up by the dozen, financial services companies recruiting like mad, pmi indexes flying up, money being spent.
I’ll be there next week and have been hoping it’s not heaving. :(

Nothing posted in response to you in months yet here you are, sniping and trolling away as usual. Whatever makes you feel good is ok by me. Carry on.

You don't have to post @ me Brian, I still read your "contributions".

Just a periodic reminder that you're a troll, if you don't like it, stop doing it.

Pre or post your visit to Wetherspoons?

PS How was the service?

You don't have to post @ me Brian, I still read your "contributions".

Just a periodic reminder that you're a troll, if you don't like it, stop doing it.

Not that you understand what a troll is, but I’m not in the slightest bothered being called a troll by people who have spent nearly 5 years moaning about brexit and by nationalists.

Then you should be, your targets are.
Why should I be concerned? I don’t have any targets, Hugh.

I have a different pov from a vocal group on some matters. Sorry and all that but I’m not going to start advocating independence for Scotland because some people here call me a troll.

The list of targets is in double figures I reckon. Each individual even gave you feedback, observed to you that you were trolling them but as now, la la not listening. Several pressed the mute button, that’s why you get zilch back from them. It’s exactly the same repeating pattern Brian.

The list of targets is in double figures I reckon. Each individual even gave you feedback, observed to you that you were trolling them but as now, la la not listening. Several pressed the mute button, that’s why you get zilch back from them. It’s exactly the same repeating pattern Brian.
See #1855.

Selective numbers again. You just can't help yourself, unless of course you just don't understand numbers of course.

Taking out inflation, one pound in 1970 is worth 16.60 in 2020.
UK GDP in US$ (inflation adjusted) was about $1bn, pre-covid crash it was about $3 bn.

The contribution per capita has increased only a fraction of what you are trying suggest from the bare figures. Of course the EU is also a much changed entity from 1973 too, and the benefit the UK economy received has increased enormously in that time esp..sectors like financial services (which thanks to Brexit is in the process of being dismantled). Well done you.

So nothing to do with the short term pick-up from the Covid lockdown. When GDP crashes due to a short term shock there is always a rapid pick-up afterwards.
Think long-term.

Precisely. The housing market is rocketing due to demand outstripping supply and all that pent up spending power. The growth figures will, short term look very exciting but from a very low base in one of the hardest hit economies. Yet the thick and the disingenuous will trumpet it Daily Express-style as the miracle of Brexit Island.

Growth rate from flat line looks impressive - wow there's a surprise. Not next to 2019 figures they don't. Those skyscrapers, any idea of the purpose and ownership? Just what we need, another foreign funded London property bubble. As if the property market isn't already overheating as people massively over pay on purchase price to save some stamp duty.

Pre or post your visit to Wetherspoons?

PS How was the service?

I left that one sitting whilst I had lazy lunch with a friend in his garden, as the 'yeah but' pile in was a given, I was just curious to see who would be missing. Still waiting for stevec67, who seems to have been absent from the thread for a few days.

Sure, there's the inevitable bounce, pent-up yada, yada, yada. But I was merely addressing Colin's statement that the financial services industry is 'in the process of being dismantled'.

Colin, I suspect you massively underestimate the City of London. DeCameron, the housing market wasn't mentioned. Kirk, Wetherspoons isn't my thing, but the evidence suggests that pubs and restaurants are flying, with bar and waiting staff aplenty.

I left that one sitting whilst I had lazy lunch with a friend in his garden, as the 'yeah but' pile in was a given, I was just curious to see who would be missing. Still waiting for stevec67, who seems to have been absent from the thread for a few days.

Sure, there's the inevitable bounce, pent-up yada, yada, yada. But I was merely addressing Colin's statement that the financial services industry is 'in the process of being dismantled'.

Colin, I suspect you massively underestimate the City of London. DeCameron, the housing market wasn't mentioned. Kirk, Wetherspoons isn't my thing, but the evidence suggests that pubs and restaurants are flying, with bar and waiting staff aplenty.

Does using the words "pile on" mean your comments avoid scrutiny. Or was the purpose of it to provoke the rather obvious questions that getting excited by rapid growth from a standing start are likely to draw?

Last edited:
Scrutiny?

I could offer better scrutiny of my own comments than any of that long-grass deflection above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back