advertisement

Football Fans?

The FA could do something about this incident and make examples of those selected fans who were given the limited number of tickets. I heard that the tickets were only given to members of the English Supporters Club

Problem is, everyone has a different view of what is 'the real world'...
The real world is made up of a diverse range of peoples and cultures. Britain is made up of a diverse range of people and cultures that needs to be included in any notion of Britishness. If there is a different view with any validity, you’ll need to explain it to me

This is your take on things, @ks.234 . I know of many people in my country (and in yours it’s no different) who simply think that being white, of western culture and of judeo-christian belief is the only way to be, and it’s ‘obvious’ that all other-skinned people are barely tolerated as long as they soil their hands for them. It’s their view, to them it has validity, and according to them it’s you who see things wrong. You can’t kill them, they are there. At best, you can manage the danger they represent, but ignoring their reality will not lead you anywhere.

This is your take on things, @ks.234 . I know of many people in my country (and in yours it’s no different) who simply think that being white, of western culture and of judeo-christian belief is the only way to be, and it’s ‘obvious’ that all other-skinned people are barely tolerated as long as they soil their hands for them. It’s their view, to them it has validity, and according to them it’s you who see things wrong. You can’t kill them, they are there. At best, you can manage the danger they represent, but ignoring their reality will not lead you anywhere.
Precisely. If you look at Trump, Boris Johnson, the prominence of right wing movements all over Europe, Brexit, Woke, we live in a society divided by exceptionalism and exclusion on the one hand, and inclusion and common humanity on the other. You can call the right and left, woke and unwoke, or any number of things, but really it’s just racist and not racist.

You can say that it’s just the way it’s always been, what can you do? that it’s all a bit negative, and you might be right. But it’s still racism.

I was not ignoring the danger these people pose, just suggesting that they’re a lot of them.

Last edited:
The FA could do something about this incident and make examples of those selected fans who were given the limited number of tickets. I heard that the tickets were only given to members of the English Supporters Club
When Abide With Me is sung at the FA Cup the cameras pan across those supporters singing their hearts out - time to do the same when the team's take the knee. These idiots need to be subject to the publicity they shy away from on social media or behind a mask.

What I really can't get past is how these people feel they are somehow inconvenienced by the 10 seconds of 'the knee'; these are the same people who purposely conflate the players standing (or kneeling) against racism and inequality, with the BLM 'movement' who it is said have some outlandish views. These people also miss the point spectacularly when saying "George Floyd was a criminal who held a gun up to a woman" like that is more than enough reason to put him down with a knee to the neck. It's not about Floyd per se; it's about a world where you might think it's ok to kneel on someone's neck while they are crying for their mum.
Sorry, rambled.

Edit: in other news, the Diversity Black Lives Matter (not the movement) performance won a BAFTA - I could not be happier!

The mouth breathers of Twitter calling BLM a Marxist movement when they don’t even what what Marxism is. It should be quite easy to see who the boo boys are & ban them.

Yes, these people are called racists, it's what's being discussed here. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

When Abide With Me is sung at the FA Cup the cameras pan across those supporters singing their hearts out - time to do the same when the team's take the knee. These idiots need to be subject to the publicity they shy away from on social media or behind a mask.

What I really can't get past is how these people feel they are somehow inconvenienced by the 10 seconds of 'the knee'; these are the same people who purposely conflate the players standing (or kneeling) against racism and inequality, with the BLM 'movement' who it is said have some outlandish views. These people also miss the point spectacularly when saying "George Floyd was a criminal who held a gun up to a woman" like that is more than enough reason to put him down with a knee to the neck. It's not about Floyd per se; it's about a world where you might think it's ok to kneel on someone's neck while they are crying for their mum.
Sorry, rambled.

Edit: in other news, the Diversity Black Lives Matter (not the movement) performance won a BAFTA - I could not be happier!
I take your point entirely, but to go off on a tangent, it seems to me that those that boo at taking the knee, are just as likely to sing patriotically.

It’s time to say loud and clear, that if you are racist, you are not patriotic. Racism should never be part of our national identity. Being British should be something everyone can take real pride in because everyone belongs.

I'm Scottish and determined to see us depart : Britishness has always been Englishness and it's sad for me to see the national meltdown that has occurred in the England and is getting worse.

Hooligans will be hooligans. Generation after generation.

I can still remember the "You Black B******* " chants from the England fans when John Barnes was playing , for England.

Idiotic Tribalism at its worst.

It's in their genes.Bloody morons.

I take your point entirely, but to go off on a tangent, it seems to me that those that boo at taking the knee, are just as likely to sing patriotically.

It’s time to say loud and clear, that if you are racist, you are not patriotic. Racism should never be part of our national identity. Being British should be something everyone can take real pride in because everyone belongs.
I feel that Abide With Me is entirely different to a national anthem but we are still away on that tangent.
It's refreshing to see someone say there might be something to be proud of in being English - it's going to take a lot of work and some of that will be educating or isolating racists.

Absolutely no racism in Scotland?
Racism and national prejudice everywhere sadly. However Scots aren’t voting for a government which is openly practicing it with ‘go home’ vans, Windrush, Brexit and closed borders all of which are having a negative social and economic impact and well as damaging the UK’s reputation. Not for me any longer, I hope people in rest of U.K. come to their senses soon.

advertisement

Back