advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
When reading this I intended to reply honestly ( whether you agree or not, it would be honest ) and explain what I believe is questionable in your position, but true to form, having read your childish last sentence, there is no point doing that with you.

QED

I suspect you're inflating your importance. There's only about half a dozen people who post to this thread.
Exactly.

I’m not talking about only this thread.
Morning Hugh,

You mean any thread where I dare disagree with you and/or the group.

You need to take a look at your own posts here before throwing around the troll accusation. What I post is honestly held opinion, that you can’t tolerate disagreement is not my problem.

Carry on trying to bully me with posts like your latest, Hugh, it says a lot about you.

Exactly.

Morning Hugh,

You mean any thread where I dare disagree with you and/or the group.

You need to take a look at your own posts here before throwing around the troll accusation. What I post is honestly held opinion, that you can’t tolerate disagreement is not my problem.

Carry on trying to bully me with posts like your latest, Hugh, it says a lot about you.

Ah poor lamb the bully is being bullied. Without a hint of irony you carry on with your unpleasant and snide replies in support of Tories or UKIP members that you claim not to be aligned with. People tend to recognise trolling when they see it.

Given that Brexit was founded on lies and duplicity they are a perfect pairing.

It took lies and duplicity to take us into the thing in the first place, and to feed, water and nourish it ever since. The whole thing is really a vast construct of fibs.

So let’s go back to wasting energy, burn more fossil fuels, increase greenhouse gasses and accelerate global warming. Bring back petrol guzzling cars…
Lots of energy could be saved by not having the EU and the energy consumed sustaining it and the magic money tree. What began in 1973 as a £102million net contribution was up as a £10,800 million contribution for 2021.
http://urbis.europarl.europa.eu/urbis/sites/default/files/generated/document/en/CBP-7886.pdf

The question raised was about energy consumption and its relation to global warming, nothing whatsoever to do with your randomly googled response.

Lots of energy could be saved by not having the EU and the energy consumed sustaining it and the magic money tree. What began in 1973 as a £102million net contribution was up as a £10,800 million contribution for 2021.
http://urbis.europarl.europa.eu/urbis/sites/default/files/generated/document/en/CBP-7886.pdf

Selective numbers again. You just can't help yourself, unless of course you just don't understand numbers of course.

Taking out inflation, one pound in 1970 is worth 16.60 in 2020.
UK GDP in US$ (inflation adjusted) was about $1bn, pre-covid crash it was about $3 bn.

The contribution per capita has increased only a fraction of what you are trying suggest from the bare figures. Of course the EU is also a much changed entity from 1973 too, and the benefit the UK economy received has increased enormously in that time esp..sectors like financial services (which thanks to Brexit is in the process of being dismantled). Well done you.

Last edited:
Not much dismantling going on when I was up in London last week. The place is heaving, the trains packed, skyscrapers being thrown up by the dozen, financial services companies recruiting like mad, pmi indexes flying up, money being spent.

Ah poor lamb the bully is being bullied. Without a hint of irony you carry on with your unpleasant and snide replies in support of Tories or UKIP members that you claim not to be aligned with. People tend to recognise trolling when they see it.
Poor lamb...LOL. I’m not in the slightest concerned, Steve.

I can’t be bullied in person never mind the internet, but I recognise the signs when internet warriors are giving it a go. You’re like a gang of school kids, it’s been going for ages and I’m not the only one who has noticed.

There are no bullying posts from me, just disagreement with you and your friends on some matters.

Selective numbers again. You just can't help yourself, unless of course you just don't understand numbers of course.

Taking out inflation, one pound in 1970 is worth 16.60 in 2020.
UK GDP in US$ (inflation adjusted) was about $1bn, pre-covid crash it was about $3 bn.

The contribution per capita has increased only a faction of what you are trying suggest from the bare figures. Of course the EU is also a much changed entity from 1973 too, and the benefit the UK economy received has increased enormously in that time esp..sectors like financial services (which thanks to Brexit is in the process of being dismantled). Well done you.
OK so in real terms the UK paid £102 million (now £ 1652.4 million) compared to 2021 £10,800.
Still a low cost trading EEC changing into a hair dryer controlling high cost organisation.

Not much dismantling going on when I was up in London last week. The place is heaving, the trains packed, skyscrapers being thrown up by the dozen, financial services companies recruiting like mad, pmi indexes flying up, money being spent.

So nothing to do with the short term pick-up from the Covid lockdown. When GDP crashes due to a short term shock there is always a rapid pick-up afterwards.
Think long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom