advertisement

Noise cancelling headphones

I have lower end Sony wireless headphones & think they are great. I found them more comfortable than other pairs I tried. Don’t over think this just buy them.

I use Sennheiser Momentum 3s, amazing technology.

Mainly for driving but i hope to use them on an aeroplane again one day.

Good combination of passive from the cans and active from the electronics, even my old HD280s were a big improvement on nothing.

I have Bose QC 35 II and they will not be suitable for fegs purpose. Maybe others can be, I do not have experience. When driving, radio reduced not much, I need to to turn it up just little bit comparing without phones. It can be hear well if somebody else listening at comfortable level, just with reduced wind noise. A bit reduced bottom and top from music, voices are good. Right now sitting in miniven, other people talking, no problem to hear them and follow conversation. If I listen something myself, background become less noticable, but still you can hear others if listening level is low. If other headphones are good at blocking voices as well, I may think that Bose maybe did not this by purpose. I actually liked that I can listen radio with reduced background wind noise. You can speak with others also without need to rise voice for them.
One other great thing about them is if you listen something from connected phone, you can do it at surprisingly low volume level. But that is on road. At home more useful may be standart big closed back headphones.

...... went for the XM4 when my XM3s went "missing" on a flight from Montreal to London - you snooze you lose!!!!
Aren't there some scum-bags around? You have to watch everything like a hawk.

Good combination of passive from the cans and active from the electronics, even my old HD280s were a big improvement on nothing.

Your eyes will tell you what’s going on in front and to some extent to the side. Your ears fill in the rest of the picture...

Try the Shure Aonic 50. If you want accuracy and transparency along with support for pretty much every codec then they are very very good.

You wear noise cancelling headphones while driving?

Aren't there some scum-bags around? You have to watch everything like a hawk.

Indeed there are lots of unsavoury characters around. Took them off and put them on the empty seat next to stupid me, then I dozed off, when I woke I looked on the floor and asked people around me if they saw anything etc but no luck, told the crew but they couldnt really do anything because they can't accuse 250 people of theft and search thier bags. However I am philisophical about these things - I have never had my car stolen but my sister has had 5 vanish so I'm doing ok really, and at least the git didnt get the case or crappy charging cable :)

Thanks everyone taking the time to reply

I'm drawn towards the Sony, in the absence of being able to audition etc, I'm just going to have to pull the trigger on a pair

Just need to look around for the best deal

Thanks

I'm drawn towards the Sony, in the absence of being able to audition etc, I'm just going to have to pull the trigger on a pair
Just need to look around for the best deal

good choice, make sure you get the app and set them up to your liking - let us all know how you like them

advertisement

Back