advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I make mention of flying drones?
There are already drone trials taking place, wheeled variety.
Drone, (Wikipedia)

An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) or uncrewed aerial vehicle, also known as unmanned aircraft or uncrewed aircraft (UA), commonly known as a drone

If you Google 'what non-flying drones are there?' (or similar) the first page of hits (didn't go further) doesn't actually mention any.

Well, the Amazon drone trial in MK uses wheeled vehicles which are drones. I know one of the main people who helped set it up.

Well, the Amazon drone trial in MK uses wheeled vehicles which are drones. I know one of the main people who helped set it up.
Perhaps it does, and perhaps Amazon are using their own definition of the term* but if you mention drones to pretty much anybody, they'll assume you mean remotely-controlled aerial vehicles, and that's the accepted definition, so it's incumbent on you to specify the distinction if you don't want to be, either, misunderstood, or picked up on lax usage.

*I dunno, perhaps to cover their embarrassment that their previous experiments with actual flying drones has, so far, come to nothing beyond some exciteable PR, but that's just speculation on my part.

Drones to me means the Brexit supporting mob on here droning on and on and on ad infinitude.

These Brexit 'debates' have been going on now for longer than WW11, I can see another four years of hot air before people run out of steam.

Will there be consensus by then ?

In other words, benefits of Brexit are so incredibly elusive that it’s necessary for the Prime Minister to fabricate them. Nasty though to exploit a pandemic that’s killed 127k Britons and the anxiety around it to push a political lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back