advertisement

Recommend me some headphones to use with my iPhone.

AndyU

pfm Member
I’m after some good headphones to use on the go with my iPhone. I can’t get on with in-ears - I’ve tried Shure 535s in ears and Sony WF-1000xm3. Both excellent, but just not for me. I’d like some good on ears or over ears if they are light, open backed. Used to have some Sennheiser PX-100 which were ok, I’d happily pay up to £200 for something good. I like classical music and jazz, so need something that is smooth and non-fatiguing. Something that would fold away might be an advantage, but probably not absolutely necessary. What does the pfm massive recommend?

I have used Sennheiser HD-25ii for years and never felt the need to change. However, they are closed back and some find them uncomfortable. I think this model may have been superseded by the "plus" now?

If you don’t need noise isolation (passive or active), I’m enjoying my Philips Fidelio X2HR. Easy to drive, great build quality for the price, entertaining listen. Spotify direct from the iPhone surprisingly pleasant.

Possibly not the last word in neutrality, and you can hear everything going on around you. But recommended if that doesn’t bother you.

I have used Sennheiser HD-25ii for years and never felt the need to change. However, they are closed back and some find them uncomfortable. I think this model may have been superseded by the "plus" now?

that's my recommendation too. i love my HD-25s.

HD25 is a good shout as are the Sony NC. Others I'd consider would be:
Beyer T70p (s/h to come within budget) - very comfortable great sounding closed backs.
Bose QC35, light and also comfortable.

B&O play h6’s (generation 2) with an audio quest dragonfly Red - I use this combination with my iPhone. It sounds amazing, the two really gel, you can really hear into the mix, it’s enthralling!

Both can be picked up 2nd hand within budget.

Sorry to jump on the thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for headphones to wear in bed... I wear apple headphones atm to listen to podcasts when going to sleep, but there are a bit old and knackered - what's good and un-obtrusive when on a pillow??

Thx x

I like to fall asleep listening to audiobooks and tend to search sleep headphones on Amazon. Annoyingly the ones I bought at Christmas don’t seem to be listed but with a careful search some really flat ear pads and an adjustable headband can be found. There are also wireless options.

They don’t tend to last that well unless you get the fabric covered leads but then again that is the advantage of Amazon’s return policy.

I’m after some good headphones to use on the go with my iPhone. I can’t get on with in-ears - I’ve tried Shure 535s in ears and Sony WF-1000xm3. Both excellent, but just not for me. I’d like some good on ears or over ears if they are light, open backed. Used to have some Sennheiser PX-100 which were ok, I’d happily pay up to £200 for something good. I like classical music and jazz, so need something that is smooth and non-fatiguing. Something that would fold away might be an advantage, but probably not absolutely necessary. What does the pfm massive recommend?

Can recommend the HD25 for classical and jazz. They are in a sense a bit like a HD650 but portable. The plus is exactly the same with extra accessories. However, it is not the most comfortable stock and I would recommend you some Yaxi comfort pads. If you fancy you could also change the cable to an Oyaide OFC cable as the stock cable is made of steel.

advertisement

Back