advertisement

The end of the UK(?)

I see Liz has applied to join the CPTPP. No federal union dictatorship, no bus load of cash every week and free trade. Contrast this with our EU trading partners taking truckers sandwiches.
I think there’s a bit of rule taking, though. Is this no longer a red line?

I see Liz has applied to join the CPTPP. No federal union dictatorship, no bus load of cash every week and free trade. Contrast this with our EU trading partners taking truckers sandwiches.
You people really do say the silliest things...

It does feel that with every new generation that comes through, Scotland gets closer to voting for independence. Identity politics is probably fuelling that fire also. I've always thought of myself as British, and feel that the UK is very tightly made up of Scots, Irish, Welsh and English, but this is just mushy, exaggerated and self-indulgent sentimentality from my aching heart.

I hope the Union never breaks up. I hope we rejoin the EU, and I hope one day we form a proper world government for the benefit of all.

Do the people of Scotland want to follow a progressively, socially aware agenda that involves being part of the EU, or do we want to be ruled by a right wing Tory government that cares not a jot for Scotland?

If you go, we'll be stuck with them forever.... Please....

Please don't go.

I am firmly of the belief that Colin Barren is a parody account. If not, then it really should be.

TLtsCgJ.jpg

Hello, hello

Although that is a fair argument on one level it does tend to equate to the old: "Keep a tight grip on Nurse for fear of something Worse." i.e. an argument based on fear of what *might* happen. That didn't work for preventing Brexit. Hence if that's your comparison you'll need a different line of attack.

The reality is now, I suspect, that so many Scots are sick of being ruled by Tories (of all rosette colours) 'down south' that they may simply decide being pissed about by the EU is worth being rid of Tory-rule ad infinitum. And prefer Hope to Fear as a basis for deciding.

And every trip up here by BloJo or his chums simply makes the wish to be rid of his ilk stronger.

If the LP in Scotland hadn't forced itself back into a time-warp where Blairism 'Triangulation' still rules, they might have broken that. But they've done the same reverse-ferrit as down South.

So, with reluctance, I suspect Scotland's mindest will continue towards wanting Independence. And much as I have my doubts, I'd now prefer Scotland to be back in the EU. So if the UK bars that, I suspect the wish to leave the UK will grow.
It has a sense of inevitability to it now. Johnson is already election campaigning on behalf of the party in Scotland- Hancock today wove the narrative into his vaccines speech. The offer from Westminster of a loosened ‘federal’ relationship won’t work imho as it precludes Scotland’s re-entry to the EU as far I can see. It might happen as a final step in the decay of the United Kingdom- conceded as a way to hold the union together and having a paradoxical effect.

I don't see why the northern 6 counties would remain a basket case if separated from UK. I think that better government could bring the same prosperity that our Irish brothers and sisters in the south enjoy.

I'm from Wales, let me tell you, they are largely a people who take pride in their ignorance and who's idea of pretentiousness is using a hankie rather than your hands to blow your nose. Scotland meanwhile is populated by crackheads/alcoholics and the middle class legal fraternity who represent them in court for shop lifting/GBH/ABH.

how many fake forum identities have you had now?

I think there’s a bit of rule taking, though. Is this no longer a red line?

Sure, but none of that empire nonsense.

I'm from Wales, let me tell you, they are largely a people who take pride in their ignorance and who's idea of pretentiousness is using a hankie rather than your hands to blow your nose. Scotland meanwhile is populated by crackheads/alcoholics and the middle class legal fraternity who represent them in court for shop lifting/GBH/ABH.

I nearly spat my teeth out!

PI theCameron is on the case!
Ive noticed you often seem to be somewhat unobservant and make interesting assumptions about others EV. The most unfortunate situation is when the sock puppet’s marks ‘reach out’ to the sock puppet (just before he gets hoofed). That’s happened quite a few times now.

advertisement

Back