advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had our boiler serviced today, and the bloke said he'd had Covid over Xmas - he's only been doing empty house jobs for ages, and all was well until his Mrs was called back in to work for 3 days; she's a teacher.

33 355 new cases, 1610 deaths (as timH says) and no admissions data yet

Truly shocking figures. World leading. There needs to be a proper enquiry into how the UK failed to react to this pandemic to such a catastrophic degree and the people who got it so wrong held to account. We managed to lead from a vaccine development and procurement perspective but totally fail in every other. I know exactly who I blame, and why, but the relatives of the thousands dead have an absolute right to hold our government to account and make direct comparisons with other far more successful nations.

PS We obviously know that many are dying of ‘long covid’ months and months after infection, so our horrific figures are actually an understatement. However bad it looks right now the reality is actually worse!

Well we know that labour voters are likely to be under 50 (I think), and we know that there are good reasons to open up the economy when the most vulnerable have been protected, i.e. the over 50s have had their jab. And it's likely that when the economy is opened up there will be a new wave of deaths. So there is a political gain.

Are those deaths the unintended undesirable side effects of a good action (the good action being vaccinating the vulnerable (de facto likely tory voters) and opening things up)? Or will they be intended?

I don't know the answer to that. But I bet this is true: this reasoning will have caused a wry smile to appear on the face of Boris and Matt.
99% of all deaths have been in the over 50s. If Labour voters are younger then they should be in favour of restrictions being lifted? How can the massive scale of deaths help the Tories politically? It’s just nonsense.

99% of all deaths have been in the over 50s. If Labour voters are younger then they should be in favour of restrictions being lifted? How can the massive scale of deaths help the Tories politically? It’s just nonsense.

What are your KPIs of a successfully handled pandemic?

Not all young people want to kill their elder family members!

FWIW I think the politics here is far more of incompetence. The Tory Party is now blatantly corrupt and cares about little beyond syphoning tax-revenue into donor pockets, the incompetence in anything outside that pursuit has placed us where we are right now. Sure, there is also a truly crazy Trumpian/Q-Anon alt-right libertarian anti-science element rooted in the party, e.g. Gove, Bone, Swayne, Redwood etc etc, actually quite a lot since the pre-election purge, and they certainly play a part along with their willing media cheerleaders (Telegraph, Katie Hopkins etc), but I do think it is grift first, everything else second that has got us here. A classic fingers in the till problem.

Labour are just nothing. A lame indecisive vacuum in the room sucking-out any potential for intelligent counter-argument or opposition. No one even knows what they are for anymore.

A8-E89611-BC50-4838-917-F-8185-C1-FE04-A2.jpg

So roughly 25million so as a percentage of covid deaths (99,000) in that population what does that equate to?

Basically how many of us have the bstards wiped out and how much money have they saved in pensions and care/NHS costs by killing that percentage of that demographic?

Oh and deal with the selfish numpties who won’t take any notice of advice. And with the selfish bastards who think being told to wear a mask is a threat to their freedom and the brain addled morons who think it’s all to do with microchips and 5g and people mutating

So the percentage of people over 50 dying from coronavirus in the uk is approximately 0.390% of that demographic whereas the percentage of people aged 50 and under dying from coronavirus is approximately 0.0025%

I used 99,000 deaths for the over 50’s and 1000 deaths for the under 50s.

I Would still like to know how much this government have saved per those 99,000 deaths or per person if anyone knows.
Thanks

What happens when the virus mutates to a strain which requires another vaccine? It’s all very well saying the existing vaccine can be tweaked. That means immediate and prolonged lockdown until another jab is rolled out. And so it continues. Can somebody with medical credentials tell me my concerns are unfounded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back