advertisement

Document my life - X100 forever camera for my wife

Don't really know what to say to that news, its very sad, you and your photographs will be missed by all of us.

On the x100 - its a brilliant camera if the shooter can cope with a fixed focal length and I'd have another one in a flash if I could cope without a zoom. On the other hand, I have been very impressed by some of Gromit's images with his little Ricoh GR III, and its more compact than the Fuji.

Last edited:
Jem, I'm so saddened by your news. I only hope your weeks ahead are filled with love from all those special people in your life.

FWIW I would get as high an iteration of the X100 as you can - they've got better incrementally, and even though the original has a certain something the newer versions (particularly the F and V) are stunning cameras.

I've just read this post and really don't know what to say, my thoughts are very much with you and your loved ones.

As for the camera I have a X100 limited Edition Black one in excellent condition

You can have it, PM me if this is of interest to you

You'll be missed around here Jem. I always enjoy reading your posts.

I hope you're able to enjoy some good times over the coming weeks. My thoughts are with you.

At one time I used a Fuji X100 then I bought a pair of X-E1s, one for me, and one for my wife, and a clutch of lenses. My wife takes great photos, but even a zoom ring is too much fuss, and she commented that the X100 did everything she needed. It's unlikely that I will do any more photography as I have terminal cancer, and only a matter of weeks left, so I'm thinking about getting her an X100 and selling off all the other kit to pay for it.
Do I just get her the latest model, or should I be looking in Fuji Refurbished for something from the lineage. I did think about Leica Q2, but a bit too heavy and bulky for her (and bonkers £££).
Any opinions?
Dear Jem. It’s nearly Christmas so sending you the hope of some love and peace with your family.

Crikey Jem, just read this and I’m lost for words. The photos now will be the most important part no doubt, I have a handful of my Dad in his last couple of years and there’s nothing skilful about them but their value is priceless to me. Warmest wishes to you and your family through this. I hope somehow you are still able to share some precious moments.

Jeez Jem I have had a really tough few weeks after becoming a widower recently but that is just the saddest thing I have read on here.

You have my thoughts but I wish I could do more.
CM, saddened to learn your wife has died, my thoughts go to you and your family.

advertisement

Back