advertisement

Any recommendations for getting an Iphone 11Pro fixed?

Nero

Re: Tired
Just dropped the bloody thing on a stone floor. Needs a new glass - anyone with a good experience (excluding Apple of course)?

Hmm obviosuly not. Research seems to tell me that Apple is probably cheaper than most (shock horror)

wefix? did a nice job on my Note10 screen before the phone was repurposed for my Mrs

I fear you are right, but that’s an expensive screen replacement around £267. Did you not have a glass screen protector or did the whole lot get smashed (I find I need a new protector every year, but the original screen has survived nasty drops onto slate floors / pavement etc)?

Last edited:
Looks like Wefix don't repair the 11 :(
I reckon it fell exactly face down on the floor - the slabs are slightly uneven, so there are a couple of impact spots in between all the other shards. Bugger.
I always use a case, but I've always shied away from screen protectors as I always think (for no particular reason) that it must interfere with the touch screen performance.
Lesson learned. Waiting for the Apple box now. I've tracked down another XR in the office, so hopefully I can restore a backup to that one

There is that lot whose name I forget that show guides of how to fix the unfixable and sell parts if I remember right.
Sell specially designed kits to take the items apart

Looks like Wefix don't repair the 11 :(
I reckon it fell exactly face down on the floor - the slabs are slightly uneven, so there are a couple of impact spots in between all the other shards. Bugger.
I always use a case,

but I've always shied away from screen protectors as I always think (for no particular reason) that it must interfere with the touch screen performance.

Lesson learned. Waiting for the Apple box now. I've tracked down another XR in the office, so hopefully I can restore a backup to that one

The Spigen Alignmaster are excellent screen protectors and easy to apply with the alignment frame.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/...or-alignmaster-glas-tr?variant=32484492640303

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VV8MRPW/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

when buying from amazon read the title carefully to make sure it is the correct model as the links sometimes change.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There is that lot whose name I forget that show guides of how to fix the unfixable and sell parts if I remember right.
Sell specially designed kits to take the items apart
Yes, I remember I got one of those kits for my last phone, as the screen was scratched. My techie took one look at it, and said "I suggest you sell it as is - there's too much to go wrong"

I’ve just had my iPhone 11 repaired by apple (dropped it and cracked the screen); booked it through their service portal, they sent a box and a paid envelope, took it to the post office on Tuesday, it was back with me on Thursday, very impressed with the service.

Update. Took a while to get the prepaid box, but once it arrived, they turned the repair round in a day. Well done Apple.

Now....the interesting thing is, I had an email from Amazon today recommending a long list of tempered glass screen protectors for an iPhone 11 Pro. I have absolutely NOT searched on Amazon for anything like that.

GDPR or what?

advertisement

Back