advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I've built the McLaren Senna and it looks great!

...the rear spoiler isn't secured to the body so you can easily pull it off.
50241837897_981d96fc0c_z.jpg

Lego Marchbanks tells me his rear spoiler is secure and that he hasn't managed to pull it off yet. But he's seriously hacked off with Lego for not including the wheel trims. When you spend as much as I have on that car it should be perfect, he said. I pointed out that he hadn't spent anything, but he snapped that I was deliberately missing the point.

He wants us to go to the local McLaren dealers to set up a real-and-Lego Marchbanks with real-and-Lego McLarens shot. I like the idea, but wonder if they will have sufficient sense of humour...

Last edited:
50241837897_981d96fc0c_z.jpg

Lego Marchbanks tells me his rear spoiler is secure and that he hasn't manged to pull it off yet. But he's seriously hacked off with Lego for not including the wheel trims. When you spend as much as I have on that car it should be perfect, he said. I pointed out that he hadn't spent anything, but he snapped that I was deliberately missing the point.

He wants us to go to the local McLaren dealers to set up a real-and-Lego Marchbanks with real-and-Lego McLarens shot. I like the idea, but wonder if they will have sufficient sense of humour...

The wheel trims were in a separate bag inside one of the big bags, easily missable!

Nice pic, btw :)

Nope, definitely not there. My first-ever Lego failure. I’ve had to use the missing parts service. Suddenly the world seems a less certain place...

Man, that's a bummer. If Lego don't deliver I'll see if I can find some spare trims and send them your way.

Man, that's a bummer. If Lego don't deliver I'll see if I can find some spare trims and send them your way.
Thanks for the offer - but I might just pick up another from Morrisons while I’m waiting and pass the first one on when the trims arrive. I’ve got a spare visor if you want one! In fact I’ve got an entire spare driver minifigure as Lego Marchbanks is almost as possessive about the McLaren as he is about his wine glass and corkscrew.

Not a collector myself but I have just received an email from Amazon about Lego offers, appeared to be some decent savings.

Cheers BB

I had an email from Lego today to say the missing wheel trims were so popular they had sold out and weren’t available any more. What??

Lego Marchbanks glared at me meaningfully, grabbed the McLaren set’s spanner and started whacking it against his other hand. I quickly found a set of trims for sale on Brick Owl and ordered them for £1.68 delivered. A small price to pay to pacify a possibly psychotic minifigure.

I had an email from Lego today to say the missing wheel trims were so popular they had sold out and weren’t available any more. What??

Lego Marchbanks glared at me meaningfully, grabbed the McLaren set’s spanner and started whacking it against his other hand. I quickly found a set of trims for sale on Brick Owl and ordered them for £1.68 delivered. A small price to pay to pacify a possibly psychotic minifigure.

He sounds a handful alright - you can tell who wears the trousers in your household lol

He sounds a handful alright - you can tell who wears the trousers in your household lol

The trims have arrived - I've told the little sod he can do his own mechanical work. That will keep him busy for a while. There's a loud grumbling noise coming from the Radford, although it isn't powered up. Looks like he helped himself to a glass of my Vouvray while my back was turned, too.

50301292746_9b351f94d6_c.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone collect or invest in the Architecture series? I've just started to with eight of the available city skyline sets, mostly because I have been to those cities.

I'm a lightweight. I bought three Yellow Submarines. I gave one to a friend who is a musician at the Cavern and kept the other two. Both are still unopened in original packaging but I intend buiding one up eventually.
Am I a millionaire yet?

I'm a lightweight. I bought three Yellow Submarines. I gave one to a friend who is a musician at the Cavern and kept the other two. Both are still unopened in original packaging but I intend buiding one up eventually.
Am I a millionaire yet?
I sold two last year for (IIRC) around 100% profit, and kept another. I think I might sell my two Wall-Es next month - they are going for £120+ on eBay so it could be the time to cash in.

I’ve not sold anything yet! I’ve two sealed Wall-Es, one sealed Yellow Sub, one built. I haven’t checked prices for anything for a long while now. To be honest I’d quite like to shift some of it as it is taking up a lot of space boxed up in my bedroom that could be used for records, audio kit and other stuff! It will have to wait until after covid though as I’m not visiting post offices. I’d like to lose some of the Star Wars stuff, I think I went in a bit heavy there.

advertisement

Back