advertisement

The (almost) bi-polar nature of Naim's products and customers . . .

ROFLMAO!

You mean the no politics or religion rule......especially Brexit. Why didn't you say so instead of making with the insults.
I did not insult you; I was referring to your ignorance. The threads/posts that were deleted did not venture into the domain of politics/religion; they were complicit within the forum rules and the acceptible usage policy. You are a prime example of the moderation/censorship that is inherent of the Naim forum; a forum that wishes to maintain a squeaky clean image in the face of adversity/opposition.

I'm still waiting to learn which non political/religion threads have disappeared. I was on the No Topic thread only about 15 minutes ago - seemed to be there.

Anyway, I'm sure I will remain in blissful censored ignorance, and go back to looking at pictures of cats.

Be assured, however, that if I ever feel the need for your input, I will be happy to ask for it.

PS. Don't wait up.

Thats what I've done. Its a no risk try, ask Kit to go on the loaner board waiting list. I went the whole hog with phono, pre and time aligned boards with the remote volume option. I have kept the original 32.5 boards as well as a set of 72 boards as supplied by the first owner, who went to a 52 as soon as they came out. I might just have a session with the original boards just to remind myself what I was missing for all those years. Hi Cap is Teddyregged with new caps done at the same time, which was my first "mod" before the RSL boards. Then the bug really bit, so the monoblock 110s got Avondale NCC220 boards quite soon after. I very much doubt I'll be "upgrading" on the amplifier side of things any further.

that’s exactly what I have! 32.5 RSL boards and Avondale monoblock 110s, also very happy. TPR4 was a big upgrade on ageing Hi-cap. RSL boards also a step up and remote volume very useful. My 110s were sorted for me by Witch-Hat but was able to do TPR4 myself.

OptimusPrime is obviously on a mission to save us poor naive, ignorant Naim Sheep from ourselves.

I must say that's very laudable. Well played, that man!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit as some would say. It would appear that you are a Naim zealot for reasons I do not understand especially considering your motive/inclination. Have you not realised that a cat is a cat is a cat?

I’m a Naim user.
I don’t understand the referencing on here to a forum I have nothing to do with.
I’m sure it breaks the rules of PFM.

This thread amazes me, every now and then I come back for a look, we're now trading insults because of what's happening on another forum!!

Me, I'm gonna play some records and then ride my bike, looks nice out there!

Typical Naim thread. People with their backs up for no apparent reason. If you don’t like it don’t buy it.

Meanwhile some have had success in modifying this well established kit and it is useful for those to discuss the merits and stuff.

At least on this forum you can go against the Naim grain. I wouldn’t go on the other forum to discuss such things as it’s a waste of time.

Typical Naim thread. People with their backs up for no apparent reason. If you don’t like it don’t buy it.

Yes true, but equally, if someone doesn't like Naim those that do shouldn't treat the other like the devil incarnate.

We are all different and some will like one thing and another will dislike it, it's the way of the world.

But being labelled as naive, ignorant, a zealot, and a sheep is OK then?

Did I say that? I love it when people put words into my mouth!

Irony is a funny thing, I actually thought that Optimus was behaving inappropriately towards you, but hey jump down my throat if you like!

What Optimus hasn't realised is that the Naim forum is allowed to do whatever they want as it is run and maintained by Naim and therefore within their gift. Whether he likes it or not is largely irrelevant and he could always walk away.

Er no, I was not putting words into your mouth, and nowhere in my post did I accuse you of using such language.

I was more interested in whether you thought it was OK to label Naim owners as naive, ignorant, zealots & sheep.

Additionally I don’t recall any posts in this thread that refer to non-Naim owning members as “the devil incarnate”

Er no, I was not putting words into your mouth, and nowhere in my post did I accuse you of using such language.

I was more interested in whether you thought it was OK to label Naim owners as naive, ignorant, zealots & sheep.

Additionally I don’t recall any posts in this thread that refer to non-Naim owning members as “the devil incarnate”

Yes, Chris, why not let's make it into an argument between us when in fact your real issue is with Optimus.

As I am sure you are aware, there is a difference between being referred to something and being treated like it. There is a real distaste from a number of the hardened Naim fans for anyone who dislikes any elements of the Naim world and that was my point.

I think I asked your question about Ignorant, zealots and sheep in my previous post.

Why not take the fact that I said that I thought that Optimus had behaved inappropriately towards you as positive.

advertisement

Back