advertisement

Old Naim Naits

Will Naim (or Class A) convert UK amps to work in Canada?
Yes, however, any competent electronics tech can do this, as the transformers used by Naim have 2 x 120V primary coils wired in series for 230/240V, and in parallel for 115/120V.

Holden & Fisher (dual 120V primary windings, N & L are Neutral and Live at the power switch):

Naim110to240.jpg
(credit: https://sites.google.com/site/unofficialnaimaudio)

Last edited:
^ Nope, Naim didn't use that Talema/Nuvotem wiring convention. They tested each one for stray field and wired them for the minimum, they all have letters on top denoting the wiring convention to be used.

@Craig B

Does anyone know how many CB NAIT2 were made vs olive ones?

The CB version was made for less than 2 years while the Olive had a run of around five years so there's a lot more of those around. All the more reason to appreciate having a Chrome Bumper version i suppose.

^ Nope, Naim didn't use that Talema/Nuvotem wiring convention. They tested each one for stray field and wired them for the minimum, they all have letters on top denoting the wiring convention to be used.
Good to know, Mark.

Now edited out for safety!

I put out a ‘Wanted’ and managed to get one at the end of last year. Price was high though. Depends on how badly you want one I guess.

advertisement

Back