advertisement

Which part of the (former) UK will rejoin the European Union first?

Which part of the former U.K. will rejoin the European Union first?

• Scotland

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Northern Ireland

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Wales

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • None

Votes: 30 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since you mention the rugby, brave Scots did more than wave EU flags, they decided to throw beer bottles around instead.

“Rugby did have a culture of being respectful and having respect for the kicker," said Jones. ”So if we don't want to have that, if there's a new level of respect in Scotland, we've got to put up with it. If that's how the Scottish fans are going to be respectful we have to acknowledge it and just get on with it."

Farrell was jeered as he lined up goal-kicks during England's 13-6 Six Nations victory at a storm-hit Murrayfield.

Jones said high performance manager Neil Craig was hit on the head by a plastic beer bottle before kick-off. "We weren't expecting bottles to be thrown - that's a new trick," he said. "You've got to be pretty brave to throw a beer bottle.”

Source: BBC Sport https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51430337

Anything to say about this cowardly behaviour, Hugh?

This rift between England and Scotland has been exploited by Boris and the Tories Brian. Their idiotic handling of Brexit has just rubbed salt in the wounds. So these things are more likely to happen. It's not right, but the Tories haven't exactly helped, have they?

This rift between England and Scotland has been exploited by Boris and the Tories Brian. Their idiotic handling of Brexit has just rubbed salt in the wounds. So these things are more likely to happen. It's not right, but the Tories haven't exactly helped, have they?
I disagree. The tories don’t care about Scotland, I don’t think they’ve exploited anything to do with brexit and Scotland.

If anything, brexit has been exploited by the SNP to promote nationalism.

Not exactly exploited, the main and strongest argument against independence at the referendum was the remaining in the EU

Just as saying " it's a Tory shitshow and they now own Brexit " is a pointless thing to say...we will all own the consequences of Brexit not just the Tories.

Sorry, but that's deflective nonsense, why should someone get behind something they fundamentally disagree with. After all if you vote Labour and the Tories are elected you don't suddenly become a Tory do you?

We will all experience the consequences of Brexit, but only those that voted for it need to own it. Why should we take any ownership of it? To shoulder blame for something we knew would be a disaster? I don't think so frankly, it's not our doing and those that created it need to own it completely and not start trying to share the blame around!

One of the few pleasures left will be telling those that voted for it and are inevitably going to whinge about it when it doesn't turn out the way they thought it would that it is their fault and they deserve everything they get and more!

I disagree. The tories don’t care about Scotland, I don’t think they’ve exploited anything to do with brexit and Scotland.

If anything, brexit has been exploited by the SNP to promote nationalism.

Well that was kind of my point.

Not exactly exploited, the main and strongest argument against independence at the referendum was the remaining in the EU

So the strongest argument for independence is to become a very much non-independent vassal of Brussels, I guess in the probably vain hope that the latter will provide a bigger teat than England?

Well that was kind of my point.
Your point was the tories exploited any (brexit) rift between England and Scotland and I disagree.

My point is the SNP exploited and still exploit the (brexit) rift between England and Scotland...among other things apparently. They wail on endlessly about how Scots voted remain and the English voted leave. Is that not helping widen any rift?

Don’t be afraid of criticising the SNP. I know there isn’t much of it here, criticism is ok for every other political party, but it is the truth of the matter. We’ve even seen daft posts about Turkey in an attempt to move people on from the uncomfortable truth.

It speaks volumes that none of the nationalists have condemned the behaviour of Scots at yesterdays rugby match.

A far right Tory government is enough on its own to drive Scottish independence these days but add Brexit and it’s slam dunk.

How are they going to engineer a vote? Johnson has said no, so now what?
He won’t have an answer. He’s been asked many times, just babbles on about how Scots want a referendum as though that’s going to bother the tories.

Your point was the tories exploited any (brexit) rift between England and Scotland and I disagree.

My point is the SNP exploited and still exploit the (brexit) rift between England and Scotland...among other things apparently. They wail on endlessly about how Scots voted remain and the English voted leave. Is that not helping widen any rift?

Don’t be afraid of criticising the SNP. I know there isn’t much of it here, criticism is ok for every other political party, but it is the truth of the matter. We’ve even seen daft posts about Turkey in an attempt to move people on from the uncomfortable truth.

It speaks volumes that none of the nationalists have condemned the behaviour of Scots at yesterdays rugby match.
I thought quite a few nationalists had condemned the behaviour of 1,2,3 more, or all Scots at yesterdays rugby match. Perhaps not from the nation you had in mind in your sweeping generalisation.

Q : How many Scots does it take to throw a bottle?

A : All of them.

I thought quite a few nationalists had condemned the behaviour of 1,2,3 more, or all Scots at yesterdays rugby match. Perhaps not from the nation you had in mind in your sweeping generalisation.

Q : How many Scots does it take to throw a bottle?

A : All of them.
What are you on about now? You think I’m talking about all Scots, or are you deliberately misrepresenting I am? It’s a post on pfm, obviously I’m talking about the loudmouth nationalists on this forum, if any have been critical of Scots at the rugby match then I apologise I missed it.

Does everything need to be correctly crossed and correctly dotted for you?

One of the most galling aspects of the Brexit threads on PFM is the way English members get called xenophobic as soon as they mention pride in their country whilst Decamoron and Co get away with expressing their love for all things Scottish without the taint.

What behaviour?

advertisement

Back