advertisement

Election night 2019 / aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
people should be rioting.

this is 10 times worse than the US electoral college.

I am amazed you did not know this. It is the primary reason so many of us vote Lib Dem or Green as both stand for replacing the hopelessly biased and rigged FPTP with a proper proportional democracy. The UK is actually nearer Saudi Arabia or Iran politically than a proper democracy as implemented in much of Europe. We are a monarchy with a totally dysfunctional electoral system and the far right (Conservative Party) is about to set fire to the few human rights and civil liberties we previously had enshrined in EU law.

But that could be said of past Labour victories as well.
Well, perhaps. I haven't looked at the figures. Perhaps you feel like doing it. But seeing as this is being touted as a massive win for the tories and brexit, and the figures in aggregate do not support that view , it needs calling out.

Nearly 52 per cent supported parties in favour of a second referendum, compared with 47 per cent who supported Brexit-backing parties, such as the Tories, the DUP and Mr Farage’s outfit.

Oi!

I worked in several Fisons warehouses, shopfloor and management. What 'crap' are you referring to? And was it Fisons Pharmaceuticals, or Horticulture, or Scientific Apparatus, or Research & Development, etc, etc?

Thanks. . .

I was referring to the fertiliser...

...although Johnson's crap is toxic, so maybe not such a good analogy!

Tony L! Do you think you could organise a March with banners and placards and a few thugnecks to 'support' the disgruntled posters on PFM who resent the fact that Boris has become the next PM with a working majority. Start marching through each of the constituencies in turn that voted for the Tories proclaiming how undemocratic they are for doing so. Tell them that they are a bunch of self serving c***s and racist to boot and that they would sell their grandmothers if the price was right. Don't ask Jackbarron obviously as he will be well ensconced in his new pad in Berlin by now.

The result would only be democratic if JC had been voted in and which in turn vindicated the views espoused by the erudite keyboard warriors that regularly post on here lecturing us all on what we should or should not think or feel.

Before you have a go. I voted Green and not to waste my vote in an entrenched Tory enclave. I did so because I believe in most of the principles espoused by the Party. Presumably that makes me an a***hole for not berating everyone else for not doing so. Sooner or later you have to grow up and start behaving like an adult. In that way people start to think that you might be an adult and therefore be prepared to listen to you because you might have something worthwhile to say. Reading through the puerile and pathetic comments posted by some on here makes you think perhaps those former miners were right voting the way they did.

The present LP is terminally ill. It needs to continue dying with all the left wing nutters in there.
Your political views might be questionable, but speaking as a left wing nutter, I have to say that you definitely fall so far below your own clearly defined professional standards that....well...I hope you can at least reflect on that sentence

Tony L! Do you think you could organise a March with banners and placards and a few thugnecks to 'support' the disgruntled posters on PFM who resent the fact that Boris has become the next PM with a working majority. Start marching through each of the constituencies in turn that voted for the Tories proclaiming how undemocratic they are for doing so. Tell them that they are a bunch of self serving c***s and racist to boot and that they would sell their grandmothers if the price was right. Don't ask Jackbarron obviously as he will be well ensconced in his new pad in Berlin by now.

The result would only be democratic if JC had been voted in and which in turn vindicated the views espoused by the erudite keyboard warriors that regularly post on here lecturing us all on what we should or should not think or feel.

Before you have a go. I voted Green and not to waste my vote in an entrenched Tory enclave. I did so because I believe in most of the principles espoused by the Party. Presumably that makes me an a***hole for not berating everyone else for not doing so. Sooner or later you have to grow up and start behaving like an adult. In that way people start to think that you might be an adult and therefore be prepared to listen to you because you might have something worthwhile to say. Reading through the puerile and pathetic comments posted by some on here makes you think perhaps those former miners were right voting the way they did.

I can only assume you are either blind drunk or exceptionally low-IQ as that incomprehensible blurtguff and ad hominem appears to address no points made anywhere on this thread by myself. Anyway, that aside, are you honestly trying to say that as a website owner I have no right to post my own views or to present a personal political analysis on my own site? Really? You also somehow appear to have confused me with a Corbyn supporter, which, at best, shows a noticeable lack of comprehension of the written word.

Given the above I also suspect you voted Green incorrectly as had you actually read their manifesto and listened to Caroline Lucas you’d find her and I on the same page on the overwhelming majority of things. Along with the LD’s Layla Moran she is my favourite current politician. As a professional politician she obviously has to stop well short of calling rabid right-wingers names, but thankfully I have no such limits!

PS I don’t need a cardboard placard thank you, or to go out in the cold and rain in potentially violent right-wing areas. I built a far better platform that gets millions of hits a month! Enjoy it! ;-)

Totally gutted. [insert glottal stops where indicate] ° At leas I get more dollars for me quid. I'm off to somewhere sunnier and I can now afford to pay the mafia for the essential service's.

i did know this, just shocked at how extreme it is, especially considering the size of this false "landslide".

It has happened many times before, either Conservative or Labour can often get absolute control for 4 years with around 40% of a low turnout. It is not democracy.

At leas I get more dollars for me quid. I'm off to somewhere sunnier and I can now afford to pay the mafia for the essential service's.

I don’t understand, the £ is still weak against the $, certainly compared to pre-referendum. It actually works for me to some degree as about 1/4 of my monthly income is in USD, so buys rather more quids than it used to.

Your political views might be questionable, but speaking as a left wing nutter, I have to say that you definitely fall so far below your own clearly defined professional standards that....well...I hope you can at least reflect on that sentence

Is doctorf the ghost of Harold Shipman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back