advertisement

Do you believe the NHS is safe in Tory hands after Brexit?

will the NHS be safe from further privatisation under a post Brexit Tory governement?

• Yes

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 76 82.6%

• Total voters
Sorry, struggling to think what would compensate for £500m a week flying from the NHS to the US. Nothing that will be of benefit to our public services or the ordinary people of this country, on that you can be sure
So am I.

Just saying the regular dismissal of how much we send to the EU is based on what comes back in ‘deals’, some of it being not so obvious.

Full facts are required, not just a headline number otherwise it could be said it’s a red bus.

If you’re not angry about the NHS being sold down the river, either you’re very rich or there’s something very wrong with you
So I say one thing and you read another. Methinks there is something wrong with your comprehension.

Surely that is what all these inane polls are for, to spark the anger of the groupthink on here?

So I say one thing and you read another. Methinks there is something wrong with your comprehension.

you very clearly align anger about threats to the NHS with ‘groupthink’, so It seems my comprehension is fine. Uniform thinking is not my problem here, and as I started my post with ‘If’, you seem to confirm that maybe it’s yours.

That you’re so quick to abuse also suggests you have other anger issues

Well, speaking as a bystander here, the obvious question is ‘Do you trust the Tories with the NHS?’

also as a bystander, I trust them tacitly as about as much as I trust any govt since the last 50 years. All a muchness, regardless of persuasion as far I as I can see. Or not much.

Go back, look at investment (overall expenditure) vs satisfaction (by any measure). Vs relative workload (staff vs patients vs incidents) over time, I don’t see any real difference in ‘satisfaction ‘ with this lot, compare to Wilson, heath, Callahan, thatcher, major, Blair, browns administrations,

It mainly seems about individuals hikacking, with large amounts of their own bias and partisan party politics just to build their own dull rhetorics.

I just don’t buy the conspiracy that Dave, Tony , Gordon, pat, boris etc really want folk to die Just so they can line their own pockets or exert their cronyism.

YMMV

The Tories just voted against Labour's motion to safeguard our NHS from being sold off to US corporations in a Johnson-Trump trade deal. And the @LibDems, who voted to privatise the NHS when in coalition, abstained. Labour built the NHS and we're the only party that can save it.

Jeremy Corbyn 23 Oct 2019
You need to remove the "after Brexit" bit from the thread title otherwise we could be waiting a millennia for an answer.

You need to remove the "after Brexit" bit from the thread title otherwise we could be waiting a millennia for an answer.
I take your point. Anyone who believes that the Tories prioritise public services will believe anything. However, if there is a Brexit, especially a Tory Brexit, we will be negotiating trade deals and negotiating from a very weak position where the NHS will, of necessity, be our main bargaining chip because we don't have many others

also as a bystander, I trust them tacitly as about as much as I trust any govt since the last 50 years. All a muchness, regardless of persuasion as far I as I can see. Or not much.

Go back, look at investment (overall expenditure) vs satisfaction (by any measure). Vs relative workload (staff vs patients vs incidents) over time, I don’t see any real difference in ‘satisfaction ‘ with this lot, compare to Wilson, heath, Callahan, thatcher, major, Blair, browns administrations,

It mainly seems about individuals hikacking, with large amounts of their own bias and partisan party politics just to build their own dull rhetorics.

I just don’t buy the conspiracy that Dave, Tony , Gordon, pat, boris etc really want folk to die Just so they can line their own pockets or exert their cronyism.

YMMV

Obviously you haven’t watched this week’s Ch 4 Dispatches

YMMV

images

Surely that is what all these inane polls are for, to spark the anger of the groupthink on here?

In short, yes.

At a deeper level, the Tories have been in Government since the creation of the NHS for many years. And yet its existence seems to go strangely unmolested. Or is it perhaps that it's only since Thatcher, or Cameron, or [insert pantomime villain here] that this existential threat has become apparent? The same has been said while the Labour Party has been in power, many times - whether it was pay beds in the 50s and 60s or Milburn's reforms in the 00s.

In short, yes.

At a deeper level, the Tories have been in Government since the creation of the NHS for many years. And yet its existence seems to go strangely unmolested. Or is it perhaps that it's only since Thatcher, or Cameron, or [insert pantomime villain here] that this existential threat has become apparent? The same has been said while the Labour Party has been in power, many times - whether it was pay beds in the 50s and 60s or Milburn's reforms in the 00s.

That said the quality of service in the NHS was woeful in the mid 90s after years of conservative neglect / austerity. Wait lists were very long (I waited 18 months for an endoscopy for severe reflux). After a few years of NuLab wait lists fell and NHS service seemed greatly improved.

If the NHS becomes an American style extortion racket it will be done over a period of decades so that the UK public frog is gradually boiled - as has happened in the US (where healthcare costs were much more in line with the rest of the G7 until the late 1980s). Therefore it pays to be watchful of creeping privatization / reduction in services.

If you had you wouldn’t be so pig ignorant about what’s coming if the Tories win.

You ad hom is ignored. Poster vs posting. Guess you fully know the aup but feel excused, or may be it’s actually you who is the ignorant one here.

To suggest that anyone whom had not seen a particular tv program is pig ignorant, pairs that very same ignorance with a chunky dose of arrogance.

To further suggest that I don’t know what is coming, is correct. To imply that you on the other hand, do actually know what’s coming is comedic. No one knows what’s coming.

You just think that you do. And that is also ignorant/arrogant.

Ad Hom aside. It is an open secret that Trump wants access to NHS contracts as part of any trade deal. Also that US Drug manufacturers are lobbying strongly for prices to the NHS, to be raised in line with the extortionate prices they charge in the US. Of course it doesn't occur to the brainwashed American public to ask for the reverse to happen and it certainly doesn't occur to Drug companies.

YMMV

What you clearly don't get about Tories is that they don't have to want people to die. They actually don't give a flying f*** whether people die or not. The only thing they care about is reducing taxes via reducing public spending, and where they cannot reduce public spending.. making sure that such spending is channelled through their friends. It is so mind numbingly bloody obvious that I remain dumbfounded that so many will not see it.

advertisement

Back