advertisement

New Rug, New Sound

We needed a "Readers Rugs" section. I'm all for it.

With the right weave can you cancel interference?

PK300naked.jpg

I remember the 107 cl with the more ridged looking rear light cluster and, if UK, a black bumper? less chrome? (apologise for thread crapping) :)
I think it's an SL from the 80's?

I didn’t get to see exactly which SL it was ( the guy had lots of very interesting cars/toys ) which I presume are his retirement hobbies so didn’t want to intrude.

@ToTo Man appreciated, me too. Twas a gamble but it does look smart and works acoustically.

Previously when turned up there was an excitement/room reflection in the midrange which seamed to be coming from the floor. Apparently I deducted correctly.

I remember the 107 cl with the more ridged looking rear light cluster and, if UK, a black bumper? less chrome? (apologise for thread crapping) :)
I think it's an SL from the 80's?
I wrote SL, and an R107 would date it anywhere from 71-89, it had a very long run... no bad thing, it’s still an immensely stylish design. US versions had a large black bumper which really spoils the look, everywhere else has a slimmer chrome trimmed bumper as far as I’m aware... it certainly looks like an R107 SL to me.

Yes that’s what drew Me to it... it’s quite calm and simple.

The garage was huge! The rug was on a 6m high shelf, he had a folk-lift truck to use the shelves.! Which one had a 1:20 scale working model of the Flying Scotsman, and he has some antique shotguns in glass cabinets. Wasn’t your normal garage, even had shiny metal stairs leading to a den/office or something a bit more sordid!

Last edited:

advertisement

Back