advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+23)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve.. do Leave supporters have to "make their case" ?.. didn't the referendum result make everyones case ...for or against ?

Why do they have to convince you after the event..to what end ? to what purpose ?

They 'blew' what ? .. convincing you that they might have had valid reasons for voting to leave the EU ?

Why should they have to ?... they may choose to tell you but ( as you say.) .hectoring them for three years to satisfy you with an answer is just bullying.

There years of it ? ! .... you would have thought that you all might have given up a while back if you had any sense.
It’s amazing- there’s 70,000 threads listed on pfm. Of all the ones you could have felt hectored by. I think you’ve popped in for a spot of censorial pleasure. Fill your boots.

It appears your comprehension of 'irony' is similar to 'QED' and 'champ'.

"Do shindigs, by any chance, quickly empty out soon after you arrive?".....I have no problem on that front :cool:

And how is that uncertainty affecting businesses?

Thats a pointless question really isn't it ?.....some are doing well and some aren't ?
It's the easiest thing in the world to blame Brexit on anything that goes wrong in business ?

Universities can’t plan as we’ve no idea what a hard Brexit will mean. I can’t plan as I’ve no idea what our future relationship with the EU will be.

Instigating the biggest constitutional, cultural and economic change without knowing what the outcome will be.

Superb politics I think.

Stephen

Steve.. do Leave supporters have to "make their case" ?.. didn't the referendum result make everyones case ...for or against ?

Why do they have to convince you after the event..to what end ? to what purpose ?

They 'blew' what ? .. convincing you that they might have had valid reasons for voting to leave the EU ?

Why should they have to ?... they may choose to tell you but ( as you say.) .hectoring them for three years to satisfy you with an answer is just bullying.

There years of it ? ! .... you would have thought that you all might have given up a while back if you had any sense.
I was going to reply and take this a piece at a time but, ah, sod it no. Can’t be arsed.

We’ve spent the last 3 years asking Leave supporters to make their case. It’s not like we haven’t tried to be convinced, but yes there does come a time when it’s reasonable to say ‘sod it, I gave you plenty of chances, but you blew it’. That’s on you, not us.

There is no case that could have been made that would have convinced you

To me the case for leaving is clear. To you, there isn't one. There is an unbridgable gap between where you stand and where I stand, and that is because we are arguing about different things. To me it is about intangibles such as democracy, anthropology, ethics and morality, to your side of the debate it is about economics and practicalities.

There is no case that could have been made that would have convinced you

To me the case for leaving is clear. To you, there isn't one. There is an unbridgable gap between where you stand and where I stand, and that is because we are arguing about different things. To me it is about intangibles such as democracy, anthropology, ethics and morality, to your side of the debate it is about economics and practicalities.
Sorry to interrupt but would you mind taking a tray of likes round. There’s some people who’ve turned up and I think they’re a bit thirsty. The may leave if it’s not more conducive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back