advertisement

European Parliament elections

I'd go with the party whose candidates don't joke about raping women.
I was being sarcastic!
I would never vote for UKIP. There is a racist underbelly that constantly tries to rise to the top, one day I suspect it will.
I've not looked at the Brexit party.

I was being sarcastic!
I would never vote for UKIP. There is a racist underbelly that constantly tries to rise to the top, one day I suspect it will.
It’s already at the top. Racist in a rug Batten is in bed with “Tommy Robinson”.

As I understand it, that nice Mr Yaxley-Lennon is standing in the North West constituency. I'm delighted to have the opportunity to not vote for him.

I was being sarcastic!

Underbelly??? UKIP is pretty much the same as the BNP or EDL now.

Brexit party on the other hand have that nice inclusive Mr Farage :rolleyes:

nigel-farage-breaking-point-poster-1024x516.jpg

I could not think of a worse set of aims, federal EU is exactly why I voted leave.
Despite being a very strong remainer I would also strongly object to a US of Europe because it won't work economically, it won't work politically and it won't work socially if we are to preserve the diversity we currently possess throughout Europe. It might work to some extent for the core countries but not for Europe as a whole. I am pretty confident support for this sort of thing is low throughout most of Europe and indeed a brief google for polls indicates this.

The Labour Party has told CLPs not to spend any money on campaigning. That can only mean two things: looming general election or Brexit done-real.

The Labour Party has told CLPs not to spend any money on campaigning. That can only mean two things: looming general election or Brexit done-real.

In the current SNAFU, I'd bet on there being a good deal more than two possible explanations for the CLP instruction. Another to add to your two is that the Labour Party can't afford to spend much on the European elections, which are a fairly pointless exercise anyway as far as the UK is concerned. It also very much depends on what is meant by 'The Labour Party' in this context. Is it the Labour Party that insists on any deal being put to a second referendum, or the other one(s)?

Woah. Can’t be a deal, surely, after McDonnell calling May out yesterday?

There'll be no deal.

Labour are resolute in what they want and May has proved time and time again that she is a total robot who is programmed not to budge no matter what. So, Labour won't get what they want and therefore won't do a deal.

Also, both May and Corbyn have a lot to lose and would struggle to sell any deal. Corbyn could manage to do it of it was perceived as a good deal and they'd got May to shift towards what they want. But May is f@cked. ANY deal with Labour would p1ss off huge numbers in her party.

My conclusion is May would be toast if she did a deal and the Tories would begin the serious infighting. She's also toast if she doesn't do a deal. More infighting but perhaps not as bad.

Slow, painful death of of Tory Party continues. Rejoice.

Dangerously close to agreement. Here, not in the Brexit talks. :)

Can't see a deal is possible without a serious compromise that would not be sufficiently supported by MPs, or made conditional on a public vote.

Not that it matters, but I am not going to vote in the EU elections, it only encourages polititians of whatever hue.
For a good read try Thomas More's 'Utopia' for a sharply drawn satire of an ideal society. The 1551 English edition is difficult, could only read about 20%, the 1684 edition is easier got through 90% - missed some bits.
Alternativley George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is just as enlightening.

Not that it matters, but I am not going to vote in the EU elections, it only encourages polititians of whatever hue.
For a good read try Thomas More's 'Utopia' for a sharply drawn satire of an ideal society. The 1551 English edition is difficult only read about 20%, the 1684 edition is easier got through 90% - missed some bits
Henry VIII was, as everybody knows, was the first Brexiteer. He was a power mad tyrant and xenophobic misogynist who chopped off the head of the saintly, true and scholarly Leaver Henry More.

Just sayin’!

Given the various Brexit-related problems facing both main parties, I am increasingly reminded of the dilemma facing Elizabeth Bennett in 'Pride and Prejudice':

"An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do.”

Reporting Tory & Labour are discussing a three-way referendum - May's deal, no deal, or remain. That'll do nicely sir!

advertisement

Back