advertisement

Pics Of Your Current Motor.

Apart from the chocolate gearboxes in the early W211s.

Really? I sort of lumped them in with the W124 Stuttgart’s taxi over-engineered generations, before they all started looking like toyotas

Really? I sort of lumped them in with the W124 Stuttgart’s taxi over-engineered generations, before they all started looking like toyotas

They were a huge improvement over the rustbucket W210s but some early models had quality problems. The Valeo rad issue was particularly bad - cracking and contaminating the gearbox with coolant.

Radiators yes, but there must be at least two flavours of gearbox in that model line - which is the chocolate one (for my own reference)?

IIRC, only the box fitted to pre 05 cars and then only some - symptoms include a juddering under acceleration. A 280 will be OK.

everything from 2005 -2009 is fine...always choose a diesel auto...no worries, well, not like a W123, but very few worries, still goes well, no probs at the moment and I loves her i do.

everything from 2005 -2009 is fine...always choose a diesel auto...no worries, well, not like a W123, but very few worries, still goes well, no probs at the moment and I loves her i do.

I am sure they’d make the Cool Wall, if it’s still going.

1996 CBR900RR, 19,000 miles. First ride out of the year last Friday, started snowing....

46914184044_78ee64f22f.jpg

Nice bike. I had access to one for a while. Smooth and easy to get (my knee) down as I recall. No drama in its delivery and 100+mph without thinking about it. Can't remember what the after market can on it was. Paint job screams the nineties.
A friend of mine still has a CBR 600 RR, which is very pretty.
I note the Moto GP 2 bikes have dropped the Honda CBR 600RR engine and now are using the Truimph 600 ish Speed Triple Mill (I think, don't quote me on it)
Never fancied perching on that mini pillion seat, especially sat at the lights waiting for green... usually the pillion is a tiny woman with a good grip.

;)

Like you I prefer shorter safer easier to learn circuits.
Ah yes. 4 fractures and concussion at the old Anglesey circuit. Heavy bruising at Mallory when I had to jump off. Broken collarbone, 2 ribs, snapped thumb ligament and knee ground to the bone at Pembrey. Broken collarbone (the other one)n and damaged hip at Brands Indy (last year). But the bikes amazingly were fine! :D I'm looking to do Mallory again later this year, I know my way round that better than the other tracks, but I'll wait until after our bike holiday next month, just in case.
But this what I drive day to day.
40677641883_e9f25ff5bb_c.jpg

47591432952_30ea7a9b8e_c.jpg

Ah yes. 4 fractures and concussion at the old Anglesey circuit. Heavy bruising at Mallory when I had to jump off. Broken collarbone, 2 ribs, snapped thumb ligament and knee ground to the bone at Pembrey. Broken collarbone (the other one)n and damaged hip at Brands Indy (last year). But the bikes amazingly were fine! :D I'm looking to do Mallory again later this year, I know my way round that better than the other tracks, but I'll wait until after our bike holiday next month, just in case.
But this what I drive day to day.
40677641883_e9f25ff5bb_c.jpg

47591432952_30ea7a9b8e_c.jpg
How old are you again, please? I have recollections that you said you were 70?

That's right. No fool like an old fool.
The hairpin at Mallory last year. I was too mean to pay for the picture!
26159331129_e07893d707_z.jpg
And here's me at 50, trading the Blade in for something with 50 less bhp. I have noticed my brain does not react as quickly at 120mph on a bend as it did or read lines as well as it did. Its a recipe for death.

Apart from the chocolate gearboxes and Valeo radiators in the early W211s.
that was the chrysler era...the accountants ruled the chrysler era, and if you know any accountants you'll knoiw what I mean. After they left, some sanity returned, tho they will NEVER build anything like a W123 merc again. Had 2 of those...HUGE barge with an industrial power plant that never, ever faltered.

I am impressed.
Old boys on sportbikes tell us it's not all shit ahead of us. There is a truck mechanic in Malton, must be pushing 80. He's got false teeth, a bit of a shake, a limp and those rings around the colours of his eyes. He has a Panigale 899.

Old boys on sportbikes tell us it's not all shit ahead of us. There is a truck mechanic in Malton, must be pushing 80. He's got false teeth, a bit of a shake, a limp and those rings around the colours of his eyes. He has a Panigale 899.

If the planet survives til then, it's gonna be great. Keep on keeping on.

advertisement

Back