advertisement

Pics Of Your Current Motor.

No, Golf R as per his first post. They are startlingly quick with the DSG box and a mild tweek or two. Certainly enough to worry a few of the milder bikes from the lights.
I took my Ducati on the Nurburgring a couple of years ago. It was a mixed vehicle day. Never again! What I made up coming out of the corners I lost going in. And those corners are quite bumpy. Seeing massively tuned cars with no suspension boincing off line whilst passing me was terrifying.

47642391161_b56af0923f_c.jpg

I took my Ducati on the Nurburgring a couple of years ago. It was a mixed vehicle day. Never again! What I made up coming out of the corners I lost going in. And those corners are quite bumpy. Seeing massively tuned cars with no suspension boincing off line whilst passing me was terrifying.
Heh, I did that on my SV as my first solo track excursion (I had done a couple of race schools) and managed to misread Adenauer Forst. Went straight up the curb and over the grass, but managed to stay on. There are many videos of drivers and riders getting that one wrong, with spectacular results in some cases. I stick to short tracks now.

Heh, I did that on my SV as my first solo track excursion (I had done a couple of race schools) and managed to misread Adenauer Forst. Went straight up the curb and over the grass, but managed to stay on. There are many videos of drivers and riders getting that one wrong, with spectacular results in some cases. I stick to short tracks now.
I'm going back this summer on a bike-only day. Selling my blade too. I want something slower and upright next

I'm going back this summer on a bike-only day. Selling my blade too. I want something slower and upright next

Just don’t bring it round here. We are sick to death of noisy motor bikes blasting up the hills surrounding our village.

Do
Just don’t bring it round here. We are sick to death of noisy motor bikes blasting up the hills surrounding our village.
Do bikers bother with Switzerland these days?

4 grand fines for doing 80 in a 50 tends to put most people off.

As does the price of beer.

Do bikers also pay 50 euros at the theft gate?

This was mine, until yesterday. Very sad to see her go but just not going to have the time for it this year. Will have another at some point. The lowest depreciating vehicle I’ve ever owned by a long long way.

I really fancy w Cali ocean for my fishing, hiking and occasional Euro forays (for two), or crashnoad, without the whole RV palaver.

Costly, but as you say, resales recover much of that.

You’ll miss it.

Yep. I did ring once in rented 996 then some passenger laps, which tbh I enjoyed more. It’s unbelivably bumpy, in scary way. The prospect of doing it on a bike is terrifying.

Like you I prefer shorter safer easier to learn circuits.
Am quite experienced in caterhams and 996/7 at Coombe, donningtin, thrusting and brands, plus have find lots of Palmer days.

R500 at coombe onslicks is eye watering and an, as yet unmatched driving experience for me. Deffo horse for courses.

Those, to me, are last generation of built-like-tanks pukka MBs.

Built to last and also to cruise big miles.

advertisement

Back