advertisement

Rega rewire services

Paul Darwin (from Rega) has posted above and said he thinks it’s about £50 plus postage costs for them to do it. I doubt they’d want the whole deck sent, just the arm. I think Rega are your best bet.

Having just checked, an external arm rewire is £35 retail or £50 retail for the better newer arm cable and return is via a Rega Dealer.

Rega must be the least gouge-y hi-fi outfit going.

I'd buy a box from them too if I was selling on.

Well if it is a Rega dealer they should take just the arm as that's the problem.
If the deck is all working as it should why would you want to take the whole lot in,
maybe a tune up wouldn't hurt but some dealers do this free.

I contacted Paul Darwin who is more than helpful in these matters, I can't
fault Rega for their service but some dealers seem to try it on, if you know what I mean.

Well if it is a Rega dealer they should take just the arm as that's the problem.
If the deck is all working as it should why would you want to take the whole lot in,
maybe a tune up wouldn't hurt but some dealers do this free.

I contacted Paul Darwin who is more than helpful in these matters, I can't
fault Rega for their service but some dealers seem to try it on, if you know what I mean.
It’s a fair point and interesting to note that the uncertainty over the cost of repairs and the lack of a box to transport the thing to the dealer in to find out persuaded me to buy a brand new RP6 from them. On the basis that it was a maxed out, up to date, Planar 3.

Paradoxically the RP6 is most enjoyable bit of kit I’ve ever bought and the dealers help in setting it up was exemplary. If trying it on is the price of keeping local dealers going, maybe it is worth paying?

advertisement

Back