advertisement

Low Cost Flights - are they dangerous?

They will charge like that if you want a ticket on short notice. Just like rail companies.

Plan ahead and Easyjet are ludicrously cheap.

I am off to Palma next month for £30 return and Venice in February for £60 return, tickets bought on the day they were released.
Bob, it was Venice to Edinburgh I got stung on. Peak holiday period booking, mind you. When we are both retired in just over a year it will open up far more flexibility and better prices. Ryanair’s routes across Europe are amazing. They had 20 flights going out of Ciampino on Sunday morning. Generally once on the continent though, I like taking the train city centre to centre and avoid the pain of airports.

The loss of Monarch meant that Jet2 and Ryanair monopolise the ‘low cost’ flights out of Leeds. Their prices have soared in the last year as a result, so much so that I reported them to the MMC earlier in the year because they were both asking for equally ridiculous prices for out of season return flights from Palma.
I vividly remember Lord King when he ran BA - “I’m a great believer in competition, I want competition among my suppliers and a monopoly among my customers”.

I can't bear to watch the whole of this video, but I tell you what, unless there's an explanation for this guy's behaviour, I'd have found it difficult to resist venting my anger at him.

Modern passenger jets can fly themselves most of the time.

You guys have allready seen this? Can a passenger land a plane?

I can't bear to watch the whole of this video, but I tell you what, unless there's an explanation for this guy's behaviour, I'd have found it difficult to resist venting my anger at him.

Same here,and such behaviour is unacceptable. But I am also left wondering. ...

We seem to see increasingly frequent reports of abusive and anti social behaviour on flights and I do wonder whether, at least in some cases, it is the result of people being scared of flying, self medicating, etc.,with a resulting loss of inhibition which can lead to such antics?

That's for the legal system to find out in this case.

I can't imagine him having a believable excuse, but I'm all ears.

He should've been removed from the flight, as simple as that.

That's for the legal system to find out in this case.

I can't imagine him having a believable excuse, but I'm all ears.

He should've been removed from the flight, as simple as that.

I certainly agree he should have been removed. I also doubt he had an 'excuse'. However, it is possible that there was a reason, beyond him being clearly racist. In other words, there could well have been plenty more recists on the flight, but only he 'kicked off'.

I certainly agree he should have been removed. I also doubt he had an 'excuse'. However, it is possible that there was a reason, beyond him being clearly racist. In other words, there could well have been plenty more recists on the flight, but only he 'kicked off'.

There was no reason. he didn't want the woman sitting next to him, he used the excuse that the woman didn't move quickly enough to let him get to his 'reserved seat' at the window.

The elderly lady is arthritic apparently and couldn't move quickly enough for him so he lost it and he then told her that he hoped someone else would sit in the seat next to him.

Well done to the young guy who stepped in but the rest of the passengers should be ashamed of themselves.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/22/europe/ryanair-racist-rant-video/index.html

There’s a guy on R4 saying the racist can’t be prosecuted in the UK because it’s a foreign carrier and the incident occurred in Spain. Ryanair needed to notify Spanish police and the opportunity to nail the perpetrator has gone.

There’s a guy on R4 saying the racist can’t be prosecuted in the UK because it’s a foreign carrier and the incident occurred in Spain. Ryanair needed to notify Spanish police and the opportunity to nail the perpetrator has gone.

Have to be honest and say that the guy who took the video and who is Afro Caribbean (wind rush generation he said on R2) should have defended the lady instead of getting his camera out but then again fair play at least the rest of us can see what some people in this country have to put up with.

But camera out and then post on social media or doing the right thing at the time?

Don't think I'd have done the camera thing personally and I don't know if I'd have got involved, to my shame.

There was no reason. he didn't want the woman sitting next to him, he used the excuse that the woman didn't move quickly enough to let him get to his 'reserved seat' at the window.

The elderly lady is arthritic apparently and couldn't move quickly enough for him so he lost it and he then told her that he hoped someone else would sit in the seat next to him.

Well done to the young guy who stepped in but the rest of the passengers should be ashamed of themselves.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/22/europe/ryanair-racist-rant-video/index.html

Look. I've said twice now that the bloke's behaviour was unacceptable and he should have been kicked off the flight and investigated under appropriate legislation. What I'm trying to get behind, is why he chose this situation to abuse the lady in question. He is clearly and deeply racist. Does he act like this to every black person he meets? If so, does he have arecord of previous incidents? If not, why did he choose this situation? There are millions of racists in the UK and everywhere else who mostly keep their vile opinions to themselves. What pushed this moron to risk arrest, censure, etc., etc. on a plane? I'm trying to establish whether it is flying, with its attendant stresses (for some) which led to him 'losing it'.

Have to be honest and say that the guy who took the video and who is Afro Caribbean (wind rush generation he said on R2) should have defended the lady instead of getting his camera out but then again fair play at least the rest of us can see what some people in this country have to put up with.

But camera out and then post on social media or doing the right thing at the time?

Don't think I'd have done the camera thing personally and I don't know if I'd have got involved, to my shame.

Wrong. The last thing the cabin crew need is a physically aggressive situation. Nobody was injured, nobody had their life endangered.

Ok, I'd have been tempted to pan his face in with a fire extinguisher, but Mrs Tony would've stopped me.

One commentator said Ryanair’s aim is to get the flight off on time- putting him off, getting any hold baggage off and calling the cops would have compromised that commercial goal. Throwing the perpetrator off would at least have been a start. God knows how many similar episodes there are on flights every day.

advertisement

Back