advertisement

Trump Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at RT, merlin, and you'll see from whence a lot of the misinformation published in certain posts comes from.

By the way, because bad Trump press sells newspapers, a lot of what is published about the man child is inconsequential. There's the recent story of an ex-CIA boss having his security clearance removed. My immediate reaction is "so what?" I'm more surprised this isn't done as a matter of form, than by Trump deciding to do so for whatever reason.

I believe the principle is that national security should be above partisan politics. Trump and his associated grotesquerie occupying the White House have not only shredded this tradition, they’re actively suggesting the former head of the CIA is mentally ill, hence unfit to hold security clearance (while the President simultaneously describes himself as “a very stable genius”)-the crudity of these tactics would make even Stalin blush.

I believe the principle is that national security should be above partisan politics. Trump and his associated grotesquerie occupying the White House have not only shredded this tradition, they’re actively suggesting the former head of the CIA is mentally ill, hence unfit to hold security clearance (while the President simultaneously describes himself as “a very stable genius”)-the crudity of these tactics would make even Stalin blush.

Trump’s changed his tune. He said in a Wall Street Journal interview that it was tied to Brennan’s involvement in the Russia enquiry.

Trump’s changed his tune. He said in a Wall Street Journal interview that it was tied to Brennan’s involvement in the Russia enquiry.
Trump has a tell. Basically, he says stuff, then says something different to put an opposite spin on the stuff, which is when you know that the first stuff is true, but what he shouldn't have said.

Two or three times you've attacked me of late, Tony, on various threads. Each time I've responded you deleted said response and thread-banned me.

Am I going to get thread-banned again if I respond to your latest attack here? If so why not just ban me from the site?

I guess it might depend on how you respond, Max, and what you say.

Personally, I hope you don't get banned, I consider you a bit like the canary in the coal mine. We all need one of those.

I believe the principle is that national security should be above partisan politics.

the fact that you buy into the concept of "national security" and single it out this way suggests you may be deluded in the way max often tries to describe. it's fundamentally an extreme right position you are taking. as far as genuine problems go, i'd say that legitimate national security concerns are the last thing an american citizen or general has to worry about.

Last edited:
Perhaps a tad patronizing?

Anyone know if the heads of the security services in the UK maintain their security clearance when they leave the job?

I enjoy it when approximately three Nomenklatura on pfm assign positions to other members on their designated political spectra. I was actually enjoying my role at the hard centre and now I have motion sickness from the sudden transit to the extreme right. Would you mind if I stayed a little while so I can experience what it feels like? I may go out and walk around/ explore a little but I promise not to stray too far from the perch.

I enjoy it when approximately three Nomenklatura on pfm assign positions to other members on their designated political spectra. I was actually enjoying my role at the hard centre and now I have motion sickness from the sudden transit to the extreme right. Would you mind if I stayed a little while so I can experience what it feels like? I may go out and walk around/ explore a little but I promise not to stray too far from the perch.

it's actually easier than that. as i tried to explain years ago, almost all of you are fascists in denial. all the rest is contemporary cultural flavour sprinkled on top.

I am not a facist.

It is just that daddy needs to keep a close eye on you to make sure you don't d anything too naughty or dangerous.

it's actually easier than that. as i tried to explain years ago, almost all of you are fascists in denial. all the rest is contemporary cultural flavour sprinkled on top.
But if you're taking that line, all humans are just apes with a thick layer of cultural flavour moderating our animal instincts (ok, some have a thinner layer than others).

It is interesting that the radicalised lefties describing others as ‘fascist’ are the same ones so often defending or spouting propaganda from the likes of Putin, Assad, Hamas, Iran etc; people, states and entities that forcefully remove any political opposition, free press etc. People, states and entities that outlaw, punish or murder those who do not fit with their tyrannical ideology be they political, religious, journalists or of certain ‘unwanted’ minority groups. ‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend’ reductio ad absurdum.

Anyone seeing this as a game with sides one has to support is just so dumb I don’t even know how to enter into dialogue with them.

Humans really are apes. The issue is that culture has made us forget and suppress our superior ape-like ways.

DNO7Z0p.jpg

Joe

Reactions: vuk
If that was said in seriousness and sobriety then it’s a fascinating piece of self revelation and I’m grateful to you for the insight it’s provided.

If that was said in seriousness and sobriety then it’s a fascinating piece of self revelation and I’m grateful to you for the insight it’s provided.

no, i was mainly kidding around, though there is a grain of truth in it.

not gonna let you get away with deflection #2 here.

so, to recap: national security is a priority. (code word: treason)

what's next: tough on crime? war on drugs?

By national security presumably you mean the US policy and self-granted right to dominate the world economically, politically and militarily?

so, to recap: national security is a priority. (code word: treason)

what's next: tough on crime? war on drugs?
Perhaps we need to think about what a nation state is for, and what its government's priorities should be. Personally, I'd be content to see the abandonment of the concept of the nation state, but seeing as that's unlikely any time soon, let's at least try to put it to some good use. Traditionally, the first priority of government is the safety and security of its citizens. So, national security. Also, crime. Though I agree, the war on drugs is misguided at a fundamental level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back