advertisement

Wam on the verge of change

I had a quick skim through the thread linked in the OP and was surprised by how few names I recognised. I’ve never been a regular WigWam user, but even so I knew who ‘the regulars’ were and only spotted a couple of familiar names there.

Most of "the regulars" who had something interesting to say jumped ship or were pushed overboard a while back.

Discussion of bans elsewhere is a breach of the pfm AUP (Forum community...), though surely you could email them and ask them?

PS I had a quick skim through the thread linked in the OP and was surprised by how few names I recognised. I’ve never been a regular WigWam user, but even so I knew who ‘the regulars’ were and only spotted a couple of familiar names there.
Sorry Tony. I wasn’t attempting to start discussion more a mention. Perhaps I can PM a few members.

If any of you existing not banned are willing to ‘suggest’ they unbanned the likes of Mike Reed and myself they may have two more members. Neither of us have much of a clue why. I got the impression a drunken admin session thought it was ‘a good idea’.

Gosh but that was yonks ago, and only for a week (or was it a month?). A temporary exile rather than total banishment. Felt that I'd earned a badge or something but the lack of reason was quite remiss i.m.o.

Gosh but that was yonks ago, and only for a week (or was it a month?). A temporary exile rather than total banishment. Felt that I'd earned a badge or something but the lack of reason was quite remiss i.m.o.
It wasn’t for punning Mike? ...and may I ask you to excercise restraint in your response? Did you used to post on Audio Asylum many years ago (on 509s)?

It wasn’t for punning Mike? ...and may I ask you to excercise restraint in your response? Did you used to post on Audio Asylum many years ago (on 509s)?

Herewith a restrained reply, Dec. No, not puns but maybe something to do with mains supply. Don't think I've ever viewed Audio Asylum and I've only had my 509s around 7 years.

I would guess that a lot of people frequent here, the wam & maybe one or two other Hifi forums as well?
Are there many that visit one forum only?

Are there many that visit one forum only?

Other than pfm I post regularly on Steve Hoffman’s site as has so much mastering info etc. I only really bother with others if I’m actually trying to get information on something, e.g. I’ll always search Audio Asylum for opinions on specific valves, vintage carts etc, same with Audio Karma, but that’s about it aside from a couple of manufacturer specific forums such as Klipsch forum, or the Tannoy & Quad Yahoo groups (but the Yahoo interface is so awful it is pretty much unusable). I used to post on Groovehandle/ZeroGain but that’s dead now. I spend so much time here I can’t really be bothered with anything else!

Maybe. ;)

Posted on a cable thread, got sweary abuse, commented that that wasn't conducive to debate, got an 'aw, diddums' response from a mod (on the thread, I hadn't bothered to report it, not my style). I decided that if the mods weren't interested in supporting newbies, they could stick it. Not been back. Never will.

advertisement

Back