advertisement

Mana - Custom 6 Tier Rack - end Sunday 8th July

Swamp Thing

Remainiac Terrorist
The following is an auction for charity of this 6 tier custom spaced Mana rack.

IMG 0271

• Highest Bid Wins
  • Auction ends Sunday 8th July 23:59:49 BST
  • Collection from Manchester M5 probably best (won't fit in my car)
  • Other wacky schemes may be considered but would rather not post
  • Winner asked to contribute to Marcus Sauer fund for the pfm Cancer Research (see link below)
https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/cancer-research-in-memory-of-markus-sauer.181912/
  • 6 Tier old badge, newer clear shelves
  • Full set of nuts and spikes
  • Excellent condition
  • Bottom two shelves c 21-22 cm high (as opposed to 12-13 cm for standard)
  • Originally sized for two pairs of large monoblocks
Please post bids in the thread so as to not waste any subsequent bidders time.

IMG 0270

107 cm including spikes and top shelf.

Clearly you could change that a couple of centimetres each way by adjusting the spikes.

Right, just to get things going, I will offer £100 - this is way below its value and I expect and hope to be outbid very quickly.

Can you give me the dimensions of the unit (width x depth) please and would you be accepting of a man in a van style pickup?

A search of the inter webs gives 19.5 x 15.5 of your post brexit inches. I’ll double check this evening, but that sounds about right.

I’m happy to have it collected any way you like.

Right. In hideous EU centimetres (TAKE BACK CONTROL YOU TRAITORS!)

40 cm deep x 50 cm wide at the widest i.e. the corners with the uprights
39.5 cm x 49.5 cm along the rest of the rack
36.5 cm x 44.5 cm of usable glass surface + a couple of mm of rounded edge

The auction is hotting up. RaphaelSamad in the lead. Are we waiting for a last minute war of bidding on Sunday? The tension mounts.

Would the top shelf be compatible with both a bowl of petunias (incorporating substantial earth) and a directly-coupled tankard in the shape of Sylvester the Cat?

When John Watson designed the Mana racks he ensured that they would be compatible with both Grandiflora and Multiflora petunias. At whatever stage of reincarnation. Along with olive Naim boxes and some kind of "fruit box" (???) made by Linn.

Sylevester tankards are no issue. This particular rack has supported a Marvin Martian tankard on any number of occasions.

(Not suitable for spontaneous creation of Sperm Whales in the ionosphere)

When John Watson designed the Mana racks he ensured that they would be compatible with both Grandiflora and Multiflora petunias. At whatever stage of reincarnation. Along with olive Naim boxes and some kind of "fruit box" (???) made by Linn.

Sylevester tankards are no issue. This particular rack has supported a Marvin Martian tankard on any number of occasions.

Oddly, I was introduced to Marvin the Martian for the very first time only last week at the house of another pfm luminary. I was rather perplexed to find a member of the Looney Tunes roster had somehow flown under my radar for 60 years. The coincidence is obviously meaningful, so I bid £200.

When John Watson designed the Mana racks he ensured that they would be compatible with both Grandiflora and Multiflora petunias. At whatever stage of reincarnation...

Got the ref. BTW, just in case you had the sinking feeling you were merely casting pearls before swine.

Last edited:
I believe I have met that very Marvin Martin of which you speak.

Bidding now at £200.

Good on you!

The game is afoot!

(Oh no, not again)

The inclusion of 'Best of Toyah' has upped the ante dramatically. I imagine all King Crimson completists have gone off to recalculate their bids. My index finger is poised, but I'm not going to bid against myself...

advertisement

Back