advertisement

Silver cable

I am curious about this COMMON decency. I have never encountered any specifications or written definition of what it consists of. It sounds very universal and laudable but .....

I have made two comments on here about mains cable which you said that you liked and the one from the quote above which I have no idea what you are talking about because I have not addressed any such remarks to you???????????
Please accept my sincere apologies. I thought that you were addressing me. I hope you can forgive my misinterpretation.

Oh shit, I'm off.....Thanks for an enlightening debate.

Please call back soon.
I couldn't BELIEVE it either...not going to mine his own silver, or extrude like wot you do. not even going to twist it up?? I mean
what's the point?
Unless ofc you read the OP, where he is asking where to buy ready made silver cable...

I couldn't BELIEVE it either...not going to mine his own silver, or extrude like wot you do. not even going to twist it up?? I mean
what's the point?
Unless ofc you read the OP, where he is asking where to buy ready made silver cable...
You got me rolling on the floor laughing. Poor old misterdog. I feel so sorry for 'him'.

It's frustrating but first law of the audio hobby is that what people hear is correct. And if two things sound different they are different. And if something sounds better and physics cant explain it then that means my ears just discovered some new physics. You can bark about physics as much as you like but the error is not really in the physics. Of course silver cables sound silvery. And yes, mains cables can sound different just as ethernet cables can sound different, and aligning the screws can make an amp sound different and listening to the same thing can sound diferent.

You want to be an audio engineer- suck it up. If you don't like dogs, don't become a dog walker.

Beyond the areas where large differences are readily apparent I would say the majority of reported subjective opinion is a figment of the listeners imagination. It is certainly pure imagination in most off the foo areas as it is simply impossible for the tweaks to do what is claimed!
Anyone who believes their imagined subjective opinions outweigh the laws of physics is a complete idiot who shouldn't be allowed out on their own!

Is it really that difficult to buy pure silver cable at wholesale prices? I was hoping that someone on here would know a good source. May be Google is my 'best' friend.

Your probably only going to get wholesale prices if you buy in bulk, i.e 100 meters. Might be worth trying https://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/, I used their silver cable for my headphones. Also check Neotech, as they do a range of silver cable too.

Your probably only going to get wholesale prices if you buy in bulk, i.e 100 meters. Might be worth trying https://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/, I used their silver cable for my headphones. Also check Neotech, as they do a range of silver cable too.
Thanks for sharing. Please allow me to clarify my position on what I mean by wholesale. I'm looking for OEM cable. There must be some supplier that is supplying the other cable manufacturers. For example, Chord do not make their own cables: they merely buy it from the source that extrudes the silver and wraps in with insulation. However, it is possible that Chord is buying pure silver (like Pete kindfully shared) and they have it 'dressed' to their requirements. I hope this makes sense.

As an NICEIC Qs & approved electrician, your proposed cabling would not conform to BS7671. Theres not silver cable approved for mains fixed wiring. Therefore a certificate could not be issued or the part p notification to building control. Its a waste of time. By all means wire up a single socket in 10mm2 with high integrity earthing if you want, but id be surprised if makes any difference. I spend my money on having your existing wiring checked and brought up to current standards.

Thanks for sharing. Please allow me to clarify my position on what I mean by wholesale. I'm looking for OEM cable. There must be some supplier that is supplying the other cable manufacturers. For example, Chord do not make their own cables: they merely buy it from the source that extrudes the silver and wraps in with insulation. However, it is possible that Chord is buying pure silver (like Pete kindfully shared) and they have it 'dressed' to their requirements. I hope this makes sense.

I expect they get their bulk cable from China, which is fine for a large manufacturer, if you end up sourcing from China make sure you have the equipment to test what you get. From my own expirience, try Taiwan, I know it's still technically China, but it's always been as advertised for me.

I expect they get their bulk cable from China, which is fine for a large manufacturer, if you end up sourcing from China make sure you have the equipment to test what you get. From my own expirience, try Taiwan, I know it's still technically China, but it's always been as advertised for me.
Thanks for sharing. There might be another possibility to consider: there is probably someone that refines the 'raw' silver cable and uses a machine to sheath the cable before selling it on to another person who finally dresses it up as an audiofool cable with fancy packaging and charging 'us' fools silly money for 'silver' which cost them two pence to the pound. Come on members. We can save ourselves some dough and terminate our own cables, select which fittings we want from the now defunct 'Maplin' and make our own cables for the fraction of the cost of a 'fool' cable. You get my drift?

Last edited:
As an NICEIC Qs & approved electrician, your proposed cabling would not conform to BS7671. Theres not silver cable approved for mains fixed wiring. Therefore a certificate could not be issued or the part p notification to building control. Its a waste of time. By all means wire up a single socket in 10mm2 with high integrity earthing if you want, but id be surprised if makes any difference. I spend my money on having your existing wiring checked and brought up to current standards.
You seem to have knowledge of the rules and regs. Help me out Bro. I thought silver was a better conductor of electricity. It seems ironic that people can sell mains cables to power their hifi and they pass the regs, but a house can't be fitted with a conductor that is 'better' than copper. Is it possible to ask for a change in the BS (bullshit) regulations?

I would like to try and make my own silver power cables to replace the stock cables that I have. I'm reluctant to fork out a lot of money for what is already on the market because it looks pretty straight forward to make my own. The only problem is, I'm not really in the loop with regards to which cables are considered good, what type of cables are available, does the cable need to be shielded, where to buy connectors etc. I would appreciate your guidance please!

One of the tricks in starting a spoof thread under an alias is that you need to have the power of recall back to your original post.
Failure to do so means that you need to go back to infant school and try again.

Thanks for sharing. There might be another possibility to consider: there is probably someone that refines the 'raw' silver cable and uses a machine to sheath the cable before selling it on to another person who finally dresses it up as an audiofool cable with fancy packaging and charging 'us' fools silly money for 'silver' which cost them two pence to the pound. Come on members. We can save ourselves some dough and terminate our our cables, select which fittings we want from the now defunct Maplin and have our own cables for the fraction of the cost of a fool cable. You get my drift?

As I said - imbecile.

Which forum will you be polluting tomorrow once you have your accounts deleted here ?

Look at me ma I'm on top of the world.

One of the tricks in starting a spoof thread under an alias is that you need to have the power of recall back to your original post.
Failure to do so means that you need to go back to infant school and try again.

As I said - imbecile.

Which forum will you be polluting tomorrow once you have your accounts deleted here ?

Look at me ma I'm on top of the world.
Nice work Bro. Sorry for being rude to you. Love and peace. You gotta a lot of knowledge Bro and you command a lot of dues on this forum. Can you help out another brother? I just don't wanna get ripped off at the market. 'We' all know that silver is cheap as chips. We just gotta find out who's supplying the chips. You get my drift?

Last edited:

advertisement

Back