advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

One for Jack,

According to Chelsea News the Dzeko deal might not go through apparently he’s after a 3.5 year contract €5.5M a year which is £92K a week plus bonuses and he’s 32 in March. I suppose he’s looking for a big pay off on his last move.

Regards,

Martin

Don't blame Dzeko looking for a big pay-off. It won't happen at Chelsea, according to various newspapers. The deal has stalled over both the money he wants and the length of contract.

Chelsea introduced a new rule a while ago that players 30 above will only be offered a one year contract. People like Frank Lampard and John Terry were hit by this and it led to completely unnecessary stress. You shouldn't tell your best players that they can only have a one year contract. It really is taking the piss.

I don't know who came up with the idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was director Marina Granovskaia. She has been instrumental in buying/selling players and sacking managers.

The Sun, Metro and Express, think Real will do a deal with Chelsea for Ronaldo in the summer. They badly want Hazard and Ronnny hasn't been given the pay rise he was promised. He is also fed up being chased for tax. http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/28/crist...g-chelsea-shock-transfer-real-madrid-7266738/

Dzeko might not be coming over, but we are signing left-back Emerson Palmieri from Roma. He is having his medical tomorrow and will be swapped around with Marcos Alonso I think.

The Chelsea striker Batshuayi scored a couple of goals against Newcastle. One was from a low pass into the box by Hazard, helped on by Alonso, that even I could have scored. The other he worked hard for and it went in via a deflection.

Some commentators predict that Batshuayi will improve, so Chelsea doesn't need a new striker. I reckon this is BS, although I am happy to be proved wrong. Perhaps electrodes attached to his gonads and shocks controlled by pfm expert, ks.234, will improve his game. The latest I have read is that Batshuayi will go out on loan to Borussia Dortmund.

Chelsea are now reduced to scraping the barrel. They are thinking about signing Giroud for £15 million from the Arses. And it looks like Conte will either leave or be sacked at the end of the season. Luis Enrique could replace him. Mind you he will probably by shoved out in a year or two as well.

Jack

Last edited:
I'm sure it is mainly down to B Rodgers time at Chelsea, but Celtic now have Charly Musonda on an 18 month loan deal from Stanford Bridge. The guy is a very talented no10 and would be part of most PL teams except Chelsea and a few others. We have been flat this season and Charly may just revive the team. He has got terrific skill on the ball and what excites me is that he doesn't seem to think his job is finished when he has moved past a few players and lobbed the ball somewhere, he picks out players who are well positioned for scoring and delivers to them on a plate. Cheers Chelsea (didn't think I'd ever say that!).

Don't think so. He'll end up at Real Madrid. He could become a world class player there like Messi or Ronaldo. He won't at City, they don't have such things.

Jack

Unlike Chelskie who have recently been linked with world beaters like Crouch, Carroll and now it seems Giroud.

LOL

Anyway Hazard had his chance to come to City and chose London. He clearly sees no future with the complete lack of structure in Chelsea’s planning and so will be off to Real/Barcelona asap. Good luck to him. City no longer need him we have better players in Sane, Silva and De Bruyne.

Anyway today City snapped up LaPorte and opened negotiations for Mahrez, he’ll be a valuable addition.

Last edited:
Congratulations Swansea, you hammered Wenger's wobblers.

The Arses are now 8 points behind Chelsea and will hopefully be 11 by tomorrow night.

Unfortunately it looks like we might be getting Giroud, who let's face it has been a 3rd rate member of a 5th rate team.

Jack

Last edited:
yeah, and it's looking more likely that the toon will go back down, especially if we don't sign anyone today (which is looking likely..)

Crucial run of games for the Seagulls. Results last night were mixed for us.

It is increasingly looking like the three promoted sides are in danger as the more regular premier league teams are picking up wins (Swansea and WBA for example).

We need at least 8 points from the next four games and need to be safe by April as we play Spurs, Liverpool and Manchester United in our last five games.

I know that 40 points is the magic figure but 37 is usually enough for safety and it could be lower than that this season.

I just hope that we don't go into the Liverpool game looking to protect our goal difference. They sliced us apart at the Amex. Hopefully the top four places will be decided so they won't have much to play for.

Unfortunately it looks like we might be getting Giroud, who let's face it has been a 3rd rate member of a 5th rate team.

Jack
That's it just been confirmed, so you'll get your chance to see if it is a good move or not. And why has Conte been whining about playing a game on the day the window closes, unless maybe he is actually involved in transfers after all? :rolleyes:

Giroud sometimes scores goals, which is obviously good. He won't fit in though, because he has got a horrible, unstylish beard.

Jack
Never mind Jack, your Arsenal chums are unhappy over on the BBC coverage.
Matt Stiff: Arsenal losing chant friendly, thrifty Alexis Sanchez and Giroud while gaining the unwieldy Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang. Thoughts with the songs writers at this tricky time

Chelsea supporters are musical and literate. Unlike Arsenal we can always find songs and chants for new players.

Funnily enough Arsenal had to give Borussia Dortmund an extra £1.3 million to pay Chelsea's loan fee for Batshuayi, according to the Evening Standard https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...al-for-pierreemerick-aubameyang-a3754216.html

"Batshuayi’s loan to Dortmund was key to the triple deal going ahead and sources in Germany claim that Arsenal had upped the original agreed price (of Aubameyang) by another £1.3m in the past 24 hours.

"That is the sum the Bundesliga club are suggesting Chelsea have demanded to take Batshuayi for the rest of the season, meaning they will effectively get him for nothing - apart from meeting his weekly salary."

I'd be annoyed about that if I supported the Arses. It shows how desperate Wenger is as his team plummets down the League Table.

Morata and Fabregas aren't playing against Bournemouth this evening due to injuries. It will be interesting to see how Conte deals with Chelsea's lack of a striker, given Batshuayi has gone to Germany. Giroud's transfer deal was done too late for him to play tonight.

Jack

Last edited:
The strange world of the football transfer market:

"Senegal international Badou Ndiaye is expecting his move to Stoke City from Galatasaray to be confirmed before tonight’s game against Watford.The midfielder is now on his way back to England after a quick trip to Paris this afternoon. He needed to leave the UK today and then re-enter the country to complete his work permit paperwork after arriving yesterday on a temporary visa. There were concerns that work permit issues could stop the deal".

Quite a lot of Chelsea supporters left Stamford Bridge before the end of the game. Hazard played a false number 9 and was for the most part as inventive as usual. Unfortunately though we are fkuced without a striker.

Utd and the Arses have also lost this week. Not that this excuses Chelsea's slack defence.

Jack

Last edited:
Just seen the gap widen by another 3 points.

15 clear.

It is reported Sanchez touched the ball twice in the Spurs area.

What a waste of a talent.

15 pts, that's even more of a lead than Celtic have after the same number of games. If it was all down to having the biggest bankroll then Chelsea would not get slaughtered by middle of the table teams. Maybe there's more to being successful than spending power.

Just seen the gap widen by another 3 points.

15 clear.

It is reported Sanchez touched the ball twice in the Spurs area.

What a waste of a talent.
I watched it on TV and he did little of note in the whole game, but at least he had the excuse for being the new guy. Pogba was totally ineffective before being replaced, while Lukaku got virtually no service to do anything. What surprised me most was the tippy-tappy stuff around the edge of the box instead of firing in crosses to let him get in about the defence, or getting to the line and cutting the ball back for others to come in on.

advertisement

Back