advertisement

To leave on or not to leave on!!!

D3savage

pfm Member
Hi do you switch off your hi if gear between listening sessions or do you leave on all the time.....would like to build up a consensus and opinions....

Mine is always on because it is always in use, 24/7 - amplifier and at least one tuner anyway. The CD players, tape deck, other tuners, etc. get switched off when not in use.

All solid state stuff here, although it all has a 'standby' mode so I leave it powered up all the time.

Mick

Off when not in use. Three systems, all of which contain some valves, so leaving on would just be daft in the extreme. The cool-running solid state kit only seems to take about 30 minutes to give its best, the tube kit is up to speed faster.

It depends.

I leave my Densen B-400XS and DV P-75 on 24/7 because their 'switches' are inconveniently located.

I turn my Pioneer M-22 amp off, because it's class A and a bit of vintage preciousness. So far, I've left the matching C-21 turned on 24/7, but I really should be turning it off.

Linn stuff, most of the power switches are round the back so I only switch it off if I'm away from home for a day or more... However the streamer and pre have a standby mode and the power amps auto wake and sleep so it's not fully on when not in use... It's in very frequent use in any case.

turn off valve amps . leave power amp on standby and everything else is designed to be left on in my system

Hi do you switch off your hi if gear between listening sessions or do you leave on all the time.....would like to build up a consensus and opinions....

I leave it on- that is when I forget to turn it off. Leaving valve amps on is worse than leaving the cooker on

I used to have my system on 24/7 - but now I only tend to listen of a weekend, so it only get powered up when i get back of a friday night in readiness for ~7:30pm... :)

All Naim bar Rega sources so on 24/7 as it Tv sound is run through it too. Phono stage & TT PSU off unless used, CDP left on as it gets used more often.

advertisement

Back