advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hifilover, thanks for the review. I've been considering picking one of those up for a second system

Still with the D200/B&W800s, no changes there. Made some slight alterations to my DIY turntable's DIY tonearm (still kept the Hadcock centre pillar) to make the tracking weight a little lighter... The alloy-bodied modded DL103 is happier at 1.8g rather than 2.2g since I replaced with a carbon fiber armwand and metal headshell.

Record player by c g, on Flickr

Record player by c g, on Flickr

I occacionally buy a record that takes my fancy. Mostly streaming but some records are nice to own, in moderation. I have so few things I feel its ok to do that.

Love the looks of that arm.
Regarding the B&W and French Tile, weren't you about to sell it all?

Yep. I left it to my partner (so we co-own everything until I die). That's what happens when I get too many lowballers, I just shrug and walk away. I don't want or need the money.

Note to self... Tighten up sideways tracking weight support...

Hifilover, thanks for the review. I've been considering picking one of those up for a second system

You're welcome! It's doing nothing but impressing me so far!

Had it side my side with the Marantz CR610 all in one system, which is also superb, but the Yammy wins it for me so the CR610 is going to be returned!

For c£200 ex-dem, currently on eBay as far as I can see, it's a MASSIVE amount of amp and functionality for very little £££!

Trying some Arcam Alto speakers . Hopefully these will be replaced with some Audiovector ki1 soon ish

Here's how it looked the other evening.

Front - Revox G36 High Speed & Studer A807/II
Table - TRON Voyager power amp, Platine Verdier with GT Audio Battery PSU plus Schroeder Model 2/Allaerts MC1B & Hadcock 228/Decca C4E, and hidden on bottom shelf Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods, Meridian 206B, TRON Meteor preamp, TRON Seven Reference phono
Avantgarde Duo speakers

What a fabulous collection of hifi exotica! Love the arrangement.
Maybe its the effect on the photo but it has a lovely retro feel.
Could be George Harrisons study!

Well except for the jazz.

Moved from an upstairs room:

fdb4f5e7-99ef-40da-b4e8-bb679b053d4b.jpg

into a dedicated room (16'x12') in the basement a few months ago and its taken a while (including installing some acoustic treatments) to get it all set up properly.

_DSC0007.jpg

Seat%20view.jpg

_DSC0051.jpg

Xerxes 20+/Artemiz/Shiraz/Vertere PSU/ref phono stage, SBT/linear PSU/Teddy DAC USB, Teddy PR1/MB100, SL2, BK XXLS400 sub, Teddy speaker cables (wish these came in white).

The next step is to pull the speaker cables into the conduits I had put into the walls when the house was built and buy a decent rug.

Moved into a new room a few months ago and its taken a while (including installing some acoustic treatments), to get it sounding right.
Nice room but acoustically the subwoofer shouldn't be equidistant from the two side walls. Try moving it a few inches to the left or right and see how it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back