advertisement

Germanwings A320 Crashes in Alps

I love the Telegraph's journalistic circumspection,
Why did Lubitz kill?

Robert Mendick explores Inside the mind of a mass killer

...as he sat in the pilot’s seat, in sole charge of a multimillion-pound aircraft, responsible for the lives of 149 other people, Lubitz had made a decision to damn them all. He wanted to die and here was his opportunity. The question for the authorities trying to understand his actions is, was he so caught up in his own world, and his own misery, that he didn’t care what happened to the lives of others – or did he deliberately make a statement declaring his own importance by killing them too?

More like the DM on a bad day.

I love the Telegraph's journalistic circumspection,

More like the DM on a bad day.

Yes, if someone has decided that there own life has no value, they are not worried about family and friends being upset that they have committed suicide, they are hardly likely to worry about the lives of people that they do not know. Its the valuing life bit that is the problem, saying "if you must do it, go off and do it quietly" is not really getting to grips with the problem.

He should not have taken a plane load of people with him. That was very bad.

I agree with the above poster that he should have gone off quietly and done it on his own.

If he wanted to end his life, he could have slid himself between the wheel and arch of a lorry, or he could have gone to southern Africa to find a Black Mamba and annoy it's face with his hand, or he could sit on a conveyer belt at a sawmill with his legs apart and be sliced into two even parts.
The choices available to dispatch yourself are wide and there was no need to selfishly take the lives of others with him.

Losing loved ones in such a tragic way is bad enough.
I really feel for those families and friends that hear what was just on BBC radio news.
They have just found over 20 something DNA strands that match.
What sort of horrible pictures does that put in ones head?

A movie from a cellular that was on board shows the last minuets of the flight. The passengers knew what they are facing. The description of the voices is shocking.

I don't know if it is not more shocking - while in Lufthansa flight course the co-pilot mentioned that in his past severe depression.

Arye

It looks like Lufthansa may be facing some massive suits for employing someone who should have been on the No-Fly list rather than in the cockpit

It looks like Lufthansa may be facing some massive suits for employing someone who should have been on the No-Fly list rather than in the cockpit

I wonder if it is possible that when all facts will be exposed - insurance companies will refuse to cover payments. This may put even Lufthansa in a critical situation.

Arye

A movie from a cellular that was on board shows the last minuets of the flight. The passengers knew what they are facing. The description of the voices is shocking.

I don't know if it is not more shocking - while in Lufthansa flight course the co-pilot mentioned that in his past severe depression.

Arye

Where has this 'movie' come from? The French 'prosecutor' has said he is not aware of any phones, memory cards or anything recovered from the crash site.

On the face of it, the whole thing stinks.

If the 'video' as described, runs to the very end where the plane crashes, it suggests that this will have come from a memory card from the crash site. If this is the case, then the investigators have a serious issue with breaches and leaks.

There is the possibility that someone on the plane did a live video Skype type call.....but I'm not sure how likely this is with regard to network wifi signal?? And I would guess if someone had a recording of a friend from the plane, they would have released this to the world including the investigators.

Lastly, I've read that the Bild is worse and more sensational than the DM. Not heard of Paris Match so can't comment. But if the reporting and/or recording of such a video is fake, then I'm not sure how much lower people will go to generate interest in a story. And if this does come to light that it is fake, then the perpetrators should be prosecuted and the media involved shut down AFAIC.

Agree. If it's made its way to the press without the officials seeing it (if it turns out to exist) than there is a real problem.

When an issue is involved with so much money, stinky things are the obvious.

Arye

With regard to certain publications, it's not about the money involved in the incident/situation or the affects on the victims, families and/or company involved, it's purely about their own desire to raise their readership and publication sales which in turn raises their revenue. It's a similar story with individuals who desire fame and notoriety irrespective of whether the 'news' or 'story' is truthful or accurate.

Every one you see and hear now on the sibject may be a puppet on a string that somebody else activates.

Arye

I wonder if it is possible that when all facts will be exposed - insurance companies will refuse to cover payments. This may put even Lufthansa in a critical situation.

Arye

Hope you're right, a contributory negligence clause is possible.

Where has this 'movie' come from? The French 'prosecutor' has said he is not aware of any phones, memory cards or anything recovered from the crash site.

Maybe, but given the small mass of such cards, I can easily see that one out of probaly 100+ on the flight might survive.

If so.. 'leaking' the contents is insensitivity of the worst kind.

Mull

advertisement

Back