advertisement

Speakers that work well with NAP250

I have yet to be impressed with SBLs

I know most of you love them and would say my Ruark crusader II s are inferior, but ......

Liked Sara's though. V much actually.

I ran a 250 into Kef R104/2 for 20-odd years and it/they never missed a beat. You can pick these up on ebait for under £400 and they are an excellent floorstander.

SBLs are a three box speaker.
A great sounding speaker .
Yes I know, its just that in my mind I always think of them as two boxes as the lower two of the three become a unit joined by spikes and a foam seal (a PITA as I had to reseal/respike them on more than one occasion).
I agree, great sounding speaker though...

If you want a Naim speaker then I like the Allaes. Personally I have never heard SBLs sounding great.

Nic P

I always loved mk1 Kans and Saras on a 250, they were made for each other. My SL2's would probably work well as a 160 is a lovely match, as is my SN2, but i have not had a 250 on them.

I always loved mk1 Kans and Saras on a 250, they were made for each other. My SL2's would probably work well as a 160 is a lovely match, as is my SN2, but i have not had a 250 on them.
Gary,
Are you still running JN's old SL2s in your office each side of that radiator closed to corner walls?

Not torqued them up but did change the nipples about 18 months ago. They have been apart a few times so i wouldn't be surprised if they could do with a new set as each time the top gets placed down they get a little flatter. I am not even sure they were torque tested when i got them so maybe i should borrow a torque wrench!

Not torqued them up but did change the nipples about 18 months ago. They have been apart a few times so i wouldn't be surprised if they could do with a new set as each time the top gets placed down they get a little flatter. I am not even sure they were torque tested when i got them so maybe i should borrow a torque wrench!
Gary,
I would borrow one ASAP.
You will be very surprised at how loose they are.
Don't torque the speaker units clockwise.
Do it diagonally.
A tip for your back bars.
Get a 6" bit of copper pipe and drop it over the A key and and use it to tighten really tight.
Put your foot on it.
Hand tight is not good enough.:cool:

advertisement

Back