advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they're very nice but they haven't captured my imagination like those casters.

The finish on the upper part is beautiful, though.

SBT, Beresford Caiman, Croft 25, Event Opals

Event%20Opals_zpsbh1ctmjk.jpg

How it looked in the 1980s

Original-style Rega Planar 3 with S shaped arm, Ortofon VMS20E Mk II that was too shallow for the arm/headshell, so was padded out with a piece of perspex I cut to size, dust bug at the rear.

Trio KA1500 amp, KT5300 tuner, the gadget to the left with the 9v Ever Ready battery is a TV sound tuner, acquired through the pages of Practical Wireless, as I recall, and which was a great step-up from a microphone in front of the TV speaker......

Trusty Revox, still in use today.

Miscellaneous music books below. The black A4 binder at the left of the books still contains my lists of what's on the reel-to-reel tapes....

Would have been Acoustic Research AR18 or Mission 710 speakers out of shot.

Original-style Rega Planar 3 with S shaped arm, Ortofon VMS20E Mk II that was too shallow for the arm/headshell, so was padded out with a piece of perspex I cut to size, dust bug at the rear.

Trio KA1500 amp, KT5300 tuner, the gadget to the left with the 9v Ever Ready battery is a TV sound tuner, acquired through the pages of Practical Wireless, as I recall, and which was a great step-up from a microphone in front of the TV speaker......

Miscellaneous music books below. The black A4 binder at the left of the books still contains my lists of what's on the reel-to-reel tapes....

Just lovely :)

Not much different in this room besides the addition of Symposium Svelte Plus platforms under the speakers and Symposium Roller Block Jr's and Segue platform under the amp.

plqrix.jpg

Not much different in this room besides the addition of Symposium Svelte Plus platforms under the speakers and Symposium Roller Block Jr's and Segue platform under the amp.

Let's see more of the piano, though - unless we've seen it already?

Now THAT is what I call a hi-fi system! I salute you Sir.

It's been a while since I posted a photo. The Burmester equipment is difficult to photograph being very mirror like. Speakers are in the adjacent Lounge with 8m cables run under the floor. Maximizes the WAF.

System1_zps9705485e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

System2_zpsd99def30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shindo early Giscours/Cortese 300B, Burmester 915 tuner, Burmester 052 CD/DAC, Auditorium 23 Roiene speakers, Belden 9497 speaker cable

Speakers look like they're advancing upon you…!

(PS love the floor!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back