advertisement

Twitter and antisemitism

That's exactly what it is, if you laugh at jokes about black people you are agreeing with the subject of the joke. I don't know about you but I find racist jokes to be completely unfunny. Anyone that finds racist jokes funny is themselves racist!

Bollocks. It is just a funny joke. No more, no less. Just because you have a massive sense of humour failure does not mean other people have to be the same.

You remind me of the peoplec who got all outraged when Jeremy Clarkson suggested that strikers should be shot in front of their familes.

So far up themselves.

Chris

This for me [ to be arty farty] is postmodernist philosophy and problematic . Essentially in our desire for liberty , freedom and individualism we have arrived at a world were opinion A is just as valid as opinion b .

Politicians , celebrities and joe public can be seen spouting any old shit on the TV cause we have abandoned our critical judgement in favour of everyone's right to say any old shit in the name of freedom of speech .

What you get is a world founded on bullshit turning to chaos were everyone justifies what they do by reference to their own moral and intellectual code .

Thus freedom of speech should extend to the concept of "shut the **** up you are talking crap and this is why .

On the television , I would silence the person who talked shite and a voice over would come on and say " the following person who offered their opinion on welfare reform for news at 10 as been silenced because what Mr Mescalito had to say was shit" :D

freedom of speech is not freedom to talk bollocks , we need a freedom and encouragement to challenge .

Jesus, once again I agree wholeheartedly with you. This is getting worrying:)

Chris

yes - that's probably why even though i disagree with your politics i find you fine to get along with here... no problems.... although jim davidson isn't funny....

yes - that's probably why even though i disagree with your politics i find you fine to get along with here... no problems.... although jim davidson isn't funny....

Jim Davidson isn't actually human, is he? But I'll defend his right to be an offensive bugger against all comers.

Chris

We'd probably have a whale (oops, endangered specie..not suitable as a possible source odf humour) if we went out on the razzle together.

I never, ever discuss politics or religion when out in a pub. It always ends in tears.

Chris

Alas , my father was a working mens club singer and I used to get taken around the north west with him , by the time I was 11 I had probably seen about 755 third rate 70's comedians consequently Jim Davidson used to be well respected in our house when I was kid :eek:

today , it would be child cruelty and social services would intervene .

Hey Santa Claus you ****, where's me ****in' bike?
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's **** all here I like
I wrote you a ****in' letter and I come to see you twice
You worn out geriatric fart, you forgot me ****in' bike

An excerpt of a roy chubby brown song I could sing at 10 and still remember .

Alas , my father was a working mens club singer and I used to get taken around the north west with him , by the time I was 11 I had probably seen about 755 third rate 70's comedians consequently Jim Davidson used to be well respected in our house when I was kid :eek:

today , it would be child cruelty and social services would intervene .

Ah, the good old CUI clubs....

Did they have something called "The Jolly Boys Night" on the wrong side of the Pennines?:)

Basically it was a talent show for pissed middle aged miners/shipyard workers & their wives..

I used to go occasionally just to see the true depths to which the human race could sink. Usually a "band" consisting of half a drum kit & a bass guitar, the whole thing fueled by copious quantities of Fed Special.

The one held at the Roker Victory Club had to be seen to be believed. It was truly awesomely awful & truly hilarious, but god help you if you laughed at Gerry Armstrong's wife's rendition of "Big Spender". I will take that to my grave with me.

For those who required a bit more mental stimulation, they ran a bingo session in the other bar.

Chris

Hey Santa Claus you ****, where's me ****in' bike?
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's **** all here I like
I wrote you a ****in' letter and I come to see you twice
You worn out geriatric fart, you forgot me ****in' bike

An excerpt of a roy chubby brown song I could sing at 10 and still remember .

I think RCB knicked that from the Australian Port Laureate, Kevin Bloody Wilson:)

He was also responsible for such deep masterpieces as:

Super Mega Fugly (With A Bastard Arsehole Twist)
Don't Touch Yer Sister
The Pubic Hair Song

His entire cannon of work is worthy of serious investigation. As a taster, here are the lyrics of one of his more sensitive offerings, "D'ya **** On First Dates?"

Blown to much of me time

Buyin' Dinner and Wine

And me money on flowers and lollies

Only to find

That what's on me mind

Isn't on hers and she's sorry

So I've made up some lines

That save wastin' time

And keep me from blowin' me brass

I'm ever so cool

I just prop on me stool

Right next to hers and I ask

Do you **** on first dates

Does you Dad own a brewery

Could I feel Your tits

Or would you show 'em to me

Cause you've got a nice head

And you look pretty honest

So me face'll be leavin' in quart of an hour

I'd like you to be on it

You know how it feels when you first meet a sheila

And the bullshit you gotta go through

Like callin' her up

An' tellin' her you love her

When all that you'd love is just a screw

But she wants to hold hands

And meet her old man

And sit around for hours and talk

But me new method is, you just cut through the shit

And get down to the goodies straight off

Could I feel Your tits

Do you sleep in the nick

Do you give head very often

If we can decide you place or mine

We can **** off then

You know how it feels when you first meet a sheila

An you'd give a weeks pay to hold her

Don't sit actin' dumb

Just front her full on

and drop a few lines that I told ya

This new method of mine

Doesn't work every time, but then again no method does

I've been spat at and slapped

and need in the nackers

But then I've got a few ****s as well

Could I feel Your tits

If the answer is no

to me questions above

Then be a good sport and give me the name

Of a girlfriend who does.

Sheer poetry:D

If you'd like to expand you horizons with more of the man's genius, check out

http://www.maxilyrics.com/kevin-bloody-wilson-lyrics-5538.html

Chris

That's a reference example of why pfm doesn't allow joke threads. :)

I had the misfortune to work in a theatre where R"C"B did a show in the early 80s.
The audience was mainly elderly women, which still puzzles me.

Ah, the good old CUI clubs....

Did they have something called "The Jolly Boys Night" on the wrong side of the Pennines?:)

Basically it was a talent show for pissed middle aged miners/shipyard workers & their wives..

I used to go occasionally just to see the true depths to which the human race could sink. Usually a "band" consisting of half a drum kit & a bass guitar, the whole thing fueled by copious quantities of Fed Special.

The one held at the Roker Victory Club had to be seen to be believed. It was truly awesomely awful & truly hilarious, but god help you if you laughed at Gerry Armstrong's wife's rendition of "Big Spender". I will take that to my grave with me.

For those who required a bit more mental stimulation, they ran a bingo session in the other bar.

Chris

My dad would never sing on the same bill as amateurs but other than that our experiences sound the same .

advertisement

Back