advertisement

Why Do Grown Men Let This Happen?

It is very possible that the gentleman’s wife knows her turntables and just wasn’t particularly
enamoured with the performance of the kuzma and thought a better table could be purchased....!

Absolutely yes but you could word it much better than the wife rejects it. Surely you would come to some agreement with a partner. In that situation why wasnt it chosen together if a partner is just as interested?

I would much prefer to see moving abroad or any other acceptable reason for sale. A blurb stating that the wife rejects the product comes over very badly in my opinion.

Im not interested other than the turntable is in fine cosmetic and working condition

Compromise is the name of the game...
There is always a Tit for Tat involved, my last year of upgrades cost me a revamped en suite that is so over the top that I feel that me taking a leak there is defiling it....
I keep out of "her" room , she keeps out of mine...

TIT
180919_10150097882612869_7145299_n.jpg

TAT
424677_10151075517682869_1461805437_n.jpg

Could be that the mortgage repayments were in danger of becoming overdue, and a new baby was on the way which she didn't want to take care of in a B&B with peeling wallpaper.

Women are funny that way.

Thank god i've found a pertner into loud psy trance.
Big PMCs do it well so she was dancing round last night in appreciation.
Approval is there for a pair of XB3s too; difficult bit is earning the cash.

It is very possible that the gentleman’s wife knows her turntables and just wasn’t particularly
enamoured with the performance of the kuzma and thought a better table could be purchased....!

From what I know of the dealer's previous ads, I rather think ' the gentleman' is apocryphal but a potent enough symbol to generate a fruity thread of marital and domestic revelations.

Compromise is the name of the game...
There is always a Tit for Tat involved, my last year of upgrades cost me a revamped en suite that is so over the top that I feel that me taking a leak there is defiling it....
I keep out of "her" room , she keeps out of mine...

TIT
180919_10150097882612869_7145299_n.jpg

TAT
424677_10151075517682869_1461805437_n.jpg
The epitome of taste, both of you.

The worst I’ve had is that Mrs J has occasionally used the purchase of kit by me to justify things like a new food mixer etc.

Just out of curiosity I showed her the Stabi/Stogi combo and she thought it “wasn't too bad”, and she could live with it. I've filed that away for future reference!

A year or so back we tried one of the spare bedrooms as a hi-fi/music room, but we ended up never using it and at Mrs J’s suggestion it was all put back in the main sitting room where we both use it. We have lived happily ever after.

I did detect a hint of irritation when I recently announced that I was off to Birmingham to collect a pair of Monitor Audio Studio 2s.
"But what about the Epos ES11s, the Cyrus CLS70s, and the Missions?"

Well they are all on permanent loan to friends.

"What about the Tannoy DC2000s?"

They are just for parties.

"The Wharfedales?"

Saving those for the kids.

"What is wrong with the Spendors?"

These are for another room.

"Sigh."

I must admit, I have never sold a pair of speakers in my life.

It seems to me that those who are making all the noise about henpecked males, pussy-whipping and the like, are the ones who may need to grow up a little.

A marriage is a partnership, and if one partner is unhappy with something the other has done, then the grown up thing is to resolve it in some way. That might involve compromise, or it might be that a joint decision finds a better solution. Just because a TT is sold because the wife doesn't like it, doesn't mean a different TT hasn't been bought, which both like.

Perhaps, just perhaps, she didn't like the sound, and they've ended up with a TT which sounds much better.

Lots of assuming and macho posturing going on in this thread. Not a good look, chaps.

advertisement

Back