advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
alco, what is that little unit thingy ?
You mean the one on the middle shelf, Andrew ? That's the Squeezebox Touch.

Of did you mean the thing underneath the Naim dac ?
(which is an old Sound-Factory TT isolation platform)

You mean the one on the middle shelf, Andrew ? That's the Squeezebox Touch.

Of did you mean the thing underneath the Naim dac ?
(which is an old Sound-Factory TT isolation platform)

oh no, the entire white unit thing, I should have been more precise than 'little unit thingy' hehe :)

Yesterday a mint s/h Naim DAC has completed my little system.
From a visual point of view not really that exciting, but nevertheless I took some new pics.

systempic_front.JPG

(not so pleased about the picture quality, but it'll do for now)

systempics_front.jpg

(Squeezebox Touch into Naim DAC, Nait 5i-2, Diapason Micra mkIII speakers)

Do you have a nice linear power supply for your Touch ? If not, than order a Teddy ps (or other) for Touch immediately :)

Your Naim DAC will be very thankfull for it :)

oh no, the entire white unit thing
It's an Ikea Odda bedside table. :D
(replaced the 4 castors with 3 cones though)

Do you have a nice linear power supply for your Touch ? If not, than order a Teddy ps (or other) for Touch immediately.
I used to have a better, dedicated PSU for my Touch, but not anymore, Tomek.
Sold it after getting a better dac. The effect was negligible. (it was very noticable when using the analog output only)

I've read many raving words about Teddy's products, but I'm not able to order a Teddy PS.
I don't have (or want) a credit-card or pay-pal account. I only buy stuff online in my own country, by using Ideal.
(a Dutch payment method for online purchases)

Could you perhaps describe the sonic difference the Teddy PS (or similar) would bring to the the SB Touch ?

Could you perhaps describe the sonic difference the Teddy PS (or similar) would bring to the the SB Touch ?

I am using diy ps with super teddyreg, so the cost was not so high.

Sonic differeneces ? Without external DAC the improvement is huge in any category, with external DAC the difference is smaller, but immediately noticable. The small standard switched ps is also sending some high frequency noise to other compnents in your system, not only to SBT.

It is up to you what you use, but investing a lot of money in Naim DAC without taking care about SBT is IMHO not such a good idea ;)

Some problems at pbase at the moment, so I hope you see this. My humble set in my tiny listening space:

140379602.jpg

Br,
Teme

Ok. Let's try via the Photobucket account while pbase try and sort themselves out. Visible now?

teme_set_2_small.jpg

Br,
Teme

What have you there Teme? I like the look of the 70's looking amplifier thingy with all the knobs and switches on it.

The amp is a Luxman SQ-38u integrated. Looks old but is new. The sound is also fairly modern for a 2x30W EL34 integrated - but as one can expect better on the timbre than on the prat. But not bad on the latter, either. It happens to have a decent phono stage (MC hi/lo as well as MM) as well as an excellent headphone amp built in.

The rest of the kit comprises an LP12 (Radikal, Keel, Aro, Dynavector DV-20mk2L) as source and Harbeth P3 ESR as speakers. Cables are Chord Signature and the speaker stands are by Music Tools. The system support is custom made and is heavier than it looks. And finally - there's the Okki Nokki for cleaning the LPs as well as the AKG701s for the late night sessions (a good match for the amp).

My listening space is tiny - only 2.2m wide - but it opens up to a much larger space on both sides which helps the system breathe. I have added acoustic panelling (mainly absorption) in the corners, behind the system and especially in the first reflections from the speakers. I am listening nearfield and the small P3's don't go subterranean, but I think the system sounds pretty good considering...

Br,
Teme

Wow, great looking system Teme,

Never heard the Harbeth's but only heard very positive things about 'em.
They look superb on those stands btw. (are they Music Tools 'Tool One' perhaps ?)

regards,
Alco

Hi Art,

Have I missed something ?! Didn't you used to have a Sonneteer amp and Rega CD-player ?

Also I see you got yourself some nice new stands. Looks great with the Harbeth'.

cheers,
Alco

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back